On May 8, 2015, the satirical website World News Daily Report (WNDR) posted an article about a purported Hillary Clinton affair with Yoko Ono in the 1970s.
The “lesbian affair” was quickly dismissed as a hoax, but many people continued to share it because no one actually did a thorough debunking.
The 2016 US Presidential election resurrected the so-called Yoko Ono – Hillary Clinton affair. Many pro-Trump supporters and conspiracy theory websites have been trumpeting (pun intended) it as a new reason why Hillary Clinton should not be President.
Time to give this hoax a thorough debunking! We will start with the claim, and then tear it down bit by bit. Enjoy! 😀
The Yoko Ono – Hillary Clinton Affair
Now, let us debunk the Yoko Ono-Hillary Clinton affair, hopefully once and for all.
1. WNDR : Nothing On Our Website Is True
World News Daily Report (WNDR) is a known satire website. Recently, they posted about exploding Samsung smartphones killing 3 people in Florida. Needless to say, it was a hoax. In fact, nothing on that website is true. We know this for a fact because WDNR posted this in their disclaimer :
WNDR assumes however all responsibility for the satirical nature of its articles and for the fictional nature of their content. All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional and any resemblance between them and any persons, living, dead, or undead is purely a miracle.
As they clearly pointed out – everything on their website is “entirely fictional“. That would include their 2015 article on the Yoko Ono – Hillary Clinton affair.
2. The Museum of Modern Art is in New York!
The article claims that Yoko Ono was in Los Angeles to “present a collection of cups and saucers” to the Museum of Modern Art. The trouble is the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) is located in New York. That’s 2,800 miles / 4,500 kilometres away, on the opposite side of the continental United States!
3. The Yoko Ono Exhibition Was Not About Cups And Saucers
Yoko Ono did indeed have an exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art in May 2015. It was called Yoko Ono: One Woman Show.
However, it had nothing to do with cups and saucers, as alleged by WNDR. The exhibition showcased 125 of her works, installations, performances, audio recordings and films from 1970 to 1971.
4. Yoko Ono Never Mentioned Hillary Clinton At The Press Conference
Yoko Ono held a press conference at the Museum of Modern Art on May 12, 2015, but she never mentioned Hillary Clinton. Neither was she asked about Hillary Clinton’s Presidential run. Here is a quote of what she actually said at the press conference :
It is really good to know that everything you do is going to be recognized by people, and one day it is going to blossom. And that’s the reason why I am here now and why we are doing this show.
She talked about her last exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art in 1971, which she irreverently called the Museum of Modern (F)art. She also talked about “creative energy” and the importance of “cultivating inner peace”. But she did not mention Hillary Clinton even once, much less alleged to an affair with her.
5. Hillary Clinton Has Never Been To A Vietnam War Protest
Like many young people in the late 1960s and early 1970s, Hillary Clinton was against the Vietnam War. However, she never attended any of the Vietnam War protests. She chose instead to attend teach-ins, panel discussions and steering committees. It would not be possible for her to have met Yoko Ono at a Vietnam War protest, if she never actually attended one.
6. Hillary Clinton Was Unknown In The 1970s
From 1970 to 1973, Hillary Clinton was just another student at Yale. She came from a middle-class family in Illinois, and was not famous or associated with any famous personality.
Even if (hypothetically) she attended a Vietnam War protest, there would have been no reason or opportunity for Yoko Ono to pick her out of the crowd to meet her, much less develop a relationship of any kind.
Yoko Ono was a famous artist and peace activist and of course, the wife of John Lennon at that time. They were both surrounded by a constant coterie of friends and reporters.
If Hillary Clinton ever came in contact with Yoko Ono, it would have been corroborated by their friends and the reporters covering them all the time.
7. Yoko Ono Is Straight
On October 13, 2015, Yoko Ono gave an interview to The Daily Beast, during which she was asked about her sexuality. She described herself as “extremely old-fashioned“, saying :
Yoko Ono : I don’t have a strong sexual desire towards another woman.
The Daily Beast : Have you ever?
Yoko Ono : Not really, not sexually.
She did allude that John Lennon was likely bisexual, but did not actually have sex with any men.
“I think he had a desire to, but I think he was too inhibited. The beginning of the year he was killed, he said to me, ”I could have done it, but I can’t because I just never found somebody that was that attractive.”
8. Yoko Ono Laughed Off The Hillary Clinton Affair
It’s great. I mean, both John and I thought it was good that people think we were bisexual, or homosexual.
Then she laughed again. Seriously.
9. What Yoko Ono Really Thinks About Hillary Clinton’s Presidential Run
In the same interview with The Daily Beast, Yoko Ono said that she isn’t excited about the idea of a Hillary Clinton presidency. The possibility of the first female US President was, she said,
… a symbolic thing. A President has to be a good person for the President, not because they are female or male.
Dedicated To Mark Chia
This article debunking the Yoko Ono – Hillary Clinton affair is dedicated to Mark Chia of Ang Mo Kio, Singapore.
A Sinophile and Russophile, Mark dedicates his life to making people laugh and feel much smarter about themselves. We only fear that Mark will soon migrate to China, for the Internet would lose more LOLs to the Great Firewall.
- The GMO Egg vs. Organic Egg Comparison Debunked!
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- The Islamic Rage Boy Is A Mossad Agent Hoax Debunked!
- No, Alexander Graham Bell Did NOT Invent Hello!
- The Paracetamol Kills Vultures + Humans Hoax Debunked!
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- The Trump Photo On A Starbucks Floor Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For The Alliance Bank & CIMB Phone Scam!
- No, Robin Cook Did Not Say There Is No Al-Qaeda!
- Facebook Scam : Friends Asking To Borrow Money
- The Bangladeshi Malaysian Hoax Debunked!
- The Robbery Using Fake TNB Notice Debunked!
- Watch Out For This Maybank Personal Loan Scam!
- Did The Germans Abandon Cars To Protest Fuel Price?
- The Public Bank SMS Scam Exposed! Read + SHARE!
- The Pedigree Dog Adoption Scam Debunked! Read + SHARE!
- Kinder Joy Wax Coating Causes Cancer? Let’s Find Out!
- Does Sir Mean Slave I Remain? Let’s Find Out!
- The Hugh Jackman X-Men Comic Robbery Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For This Maybank Personal Loan Scam!
- The Secret Of Coating Fried Food In Plastic Revealed!
- Dabbing : Does It Turn Teenagers Into Devil Worshippers?
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked!
- The Famous Jesus Tree Of Lebanon Miracle Explained!
- The Canola Oil Bullshit By Anya Vien Debunked!
Go Back To > Hoaxes & Scams! | Home
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!