Homeowners will be glad to learn that home renovation is now permitted in PPN Phase 1 areas!
Here is what you need to know!
Earlier : Construction Allowed, But Not Renovation In PPN Phase 1
On 16 July 2021, the government announced that G3 and G4 contractors (in addition to G1 and G2) would also be allowed to resume their construction works.
For those who are wondering – how are G1, G2, G3 and G4 contractors defined, it’s based on their CIDB (Construction Industry Development Board) licence.
The G rating of their CIDB licence is based on their tendering capacity – they cannot tender for work exceeding these amounts :
At that time, renovation projects were not explicitly allowed to continue. Only construction on new projects were allowed to proceed.
Now : Home Renovation Allowed In PPN Phase 1 Areas!
On 3 August 2021, the government issued an updated PPN Phase 1 SOP.
This 3 August 2021 PPN Phase 1 SOP liberalised several more aspects of the construction business :
- Renovation of individual residential homes
- Land investigation work
- Professional or consultancy services for permitted construction work
- Supply chain services for permitted construction work
So it is officially confirmed that starting from 4 August 2021 onwards, you will be permitted to resume or start any renovation of your residential home.
But please note that this only applies to RESIDENTIAL buildings in Phase 1 areas, not commercial buildings.
Those in Phase 2 areas have earlier been permitted to renovate both residential and commercial buildings.
Interestingly, they maintained the limit on maintenance and repairs to only critical work. That is loosely-worded but I have to wonder – why bother when you are already allowing people to renovate their homes?
In the newly-updated Phase 2 SOP, the government actually removed that limitation, allowing all maintenance and repair work to proceed.
- Section 17 Market : Closed After Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Cashier Positive For COVID-19!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- Walk-In Vaccination For Senior Citizens Across Malaysia!
- SS2 Morning Market : Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- Acer Day 2021 Sale : Check Out These Awesome Deals!
- Undocumented Migrants Can Get FREE COVID-19 Vaccine!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!