Did Hong Kong authorities reject the vaccine certificate of Malaysian travellers?
Take a look at the new viral warning, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Hong Kong Rejected Malaysian Vaccine Certificate?
On 22 July 2021, this warning about Hong Kong authorities rejecting the vaccine certificate of Malaysian travellers went viral.
Fact : Hong Kong Did NOT Reject Malaysian Vaccine Certificate
This is yet another piece of FAKE NEWS being created every day and shared on WhatsApp. Here are the FACTS…
Fact #1 : Hong Kong Does Not Have A Health Ministry
Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region in the People’s Republic of China.
It does not have a Health Ministry, only a Department of Health, which reports to the Hong Kong Food and Health Bureau.
Fact #2 : Hong Kong Did Not Declare Malaysia As Highest Risk Country
The Hong Kong government did not classify Malaysia as “one of the highest risk countries for COVID-19”.
The HK Department of Health issued two press releases on 22 July 2021, both not related to Malaysia. Neither were there any press statements about Malaysia in the last month or so.
The HK Immigration Department has not issued any press releases since 19 July 2021, certainly nothing about Malaysia in the last month or so.
Fact #3 : Malaysia Still Classified As Group B Country
As of 22 July 2021, Malaysia is still classified as a Group B country by the Hong Kong government, which is the third rung of their risk ladder :
- Group A1 (Extremely High Risk) : Brazil, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, The Philippines, South Africa and The United Kingdom.
- Group A2 (Very High Risk) : Ireland, Russia
- Group B (High Risk) : Argentina, Bangladesh, Belgium, Cambodia, Canada, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Romania, Singapore, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the United States of America, and Vietnam
- Group C (Medium Risk) : All other countries, except China and those not in Groups A1, A2, B and D.
- Group D (Low Risk) : Australia and New Zealand
Fact #4 : Non Residents Are Barred From Entering Hong Kong
As of 22 July 2021, the Hong Kong government bars non-residents from entering Hong Kong if they have stayed in these countries in the last 14 days :
- Any country in Groups A1, A2, B and C
That practically means that non-Hong Kong residents must first stay in a Group D country – either Australia or New Zealand – for at least 14 days before they are allowed to enter Hong Kong!.
Fact #5 : Hong Kong Recognises Many COVID-19 Vaccines
As of 29 June 2021, the Hong Kong government recognises thirteen COVID-19 vaccines, including the three vaccines being used in Malaysia – Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Sinovac.
Fact #6 : Everyone Entering Hong Kong Must Quarantine
Whether you are vaccinated or not, all travellers – whether Hong Kong residents or foreigners – must quarantine after entering Hong Kong.
As mentioned above, only non-Hong Kong residents travelling from Group D countries (currently Australia and New Zealand) are allowed to enter Hong Kong.
- If fully vaccinated with recognised vaccines :
– 7-day compulsory quarantine in a designated quarantine hotel
– 2 tests during quarantine
– 3rd test on 12th day
- If not fully vaccinated / vaccinated with unrecognised vaccines :
– 14-day compulsory quarantine in a designated quarantine hotel
– 3 tests during quarantine
– additional tests on 16th and 19th days
Fact #7 : Everyone Entering Hong Kong Must Undergo A COVID-19 Test
Irrespective of whether you have been tested before flying to Hong Kong, all travellers to Hong Kong are required (as of 22 July 2021) to undergo a COVID-19 test on arrival.
Testing is conducted at the HK Department of Health’s Temporary Specimen Collection Centre, and travellers have to wait for their test results.
Only after a negative test result are they permitted to travel to their quarantine hotel.
Those who test positive will be transferred to a hospital for isolation and treatment.
- You Can Record Video Of Your COVID-19 Vaccination!
- BIG @ Plaza Batai : Sixth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- Nine Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases In July!
- Maskless Idiot Who Live-Streamed His Crime + Arrest!
- BIG @ IPC : Another Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Cycling + Individual Sports Now Allowed In Phase 1 Areas!
- Covidiot Bully Arrested For Threats + Not Wearing Face Mask!
- CITF To Announce Walk-In Vaccination Details LATER!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!