Another dark day for Malaysia – a HTF doctor just died from COVID-19 – the ninth casualty of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
Here are the details of his case, and a message from his wife… May we learn something from this tragedy…
COVID-19 | SARS-CoV-2 : A Quick Explainer
First of all, let us clarify that COVID-19 (short for Coronavirus Disease 19) is the new official name for 2019-nCoV, which was informally known as the Wuhan coronavirus.
The virus itself is now called SARS-CoV-2, in recognition of how closely it resembles the SARS virus.
Recommended : COVID-19 : What Are Its Key Symptoms?
Case 890 : HTF Doctor Dies From COVID-19
The Malaysia Director General of Health Datuk Dr. Nor Hisham Abdullah announced today (22 March 2020) that a doctor from the Tuanku Fauziah Hospital (HTF) passed away from COVID-19 this morning.
Case 890, as he was known, is a 48 year-old Malaysian man with a history of travel to Turkey.
He was admitted to the Tuanku Fauziah Hospital on 17 March 2020 with symptoms of Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (SARI).
The doctor was confirmed to be COVID-19 positive on 18 March, and placed on respiratory support on 19 March after his condition deteriorated.
Unfortunately, he passed away at 10:33 AM today, on 22 March 2020.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health notes that this doctor did not get infected by COVID-19 on the frontlines, or from his colleagues, but from his travel to Turkey.
From what we understand, he was a Pathology Specialist at the Tuanku Fauziah Hospital.
A Message From The HTF Doctor’s Wife
Rumours of this doctor’s COVID-19 status have been circulating on social media, and yesterday, a post purportedly from his wife was shared on Facebook.
Here is our English translation :
COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia So Far
- Case 178 : 34 year-old Malaysian male who attended the Tabligh gathering.
- Case 358 : 60 year-old Malaysian male with a history of chronic illness.
- Case 152 : 58 year-old Malaysian male who attended the Tabligh gathering.
- Case 238 : 50 year-old Malaysian male who attended the Tabligh gathering.
- Case 1031 : 79 year-old Malaysian female with close contact with two COVID-19 positive cases.
- Case 1032 : 40 year-old Malaysian female daughter of Case 1031.
- Case 290 : 57 year-old Malaysian male with history of travel to Vietnam, and contact with Tabligh participant.
- Case 781 : 69 year-old Malaysian male from the Tabligh gathering cluster.
- Case 890 : 48 year-old Malaysian male with history of travel to Turkey.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- What Happens When A Suspected COVID-19 Case Lies!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : Five COVID-19 Deaths Today!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 1183 Cases, 153 New, 5 More Dead!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test : Genuine But NOT Approved Yet!
- 3rd COVID-19 Death In Malaysia : Another Tabligh Participant
- What Happens When A COVID-19 Close Contact Lies!
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Donald Trump Fainted From Coronavirus Hoax Debunked!
- Tabligh Participant Shamed Into Getting Tested For COVID-19!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Fake?
- COVID-19 Fake News : UNHCR Refugees Refusing Tests!
- MBPJ : Food Outlets Open With Conditions During Lockdown!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Lockdown : Frequently Asked Questions!
- Malaysia NATIONWIDE COVID-19 Restrictions : Full Details!
- COVID-19 : This Tabligh Participant Refused To Be Tested?
- COVID-19 : Almost 5000 Tabligh Participants Tested!
- COVID-19 : National Instruments Penang Quarantine + Cleaning!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- COVID-19 : UOB Penang Case From Tabligh Gathering!
- Braun + Infineon : Suspected COVID-19 Cases Quarantined!
- Free Drive-Through COVID-19 Testing Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 : Agilent Penang Shuts Down As Well!
- COVID-19 : India Suspends Travel Visas Until 15 April 2020!
- COVID-19 : Malaysia MOH Looks For Ijtimak Tabligh Attendees
- COVID-19 : Keysight Penang Temporary Closure Clarified!
- COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- American Origin Of H1N1 Pandemic Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 : Motorola Penang Evacuation Clarified!
- Private COVID-19 Tests In Malaysia : Here Are The Details!
- COVID-19 : Motorola Penang Evacuation Clarified!
- COVID-19 : Malaysia Temporarily Bans Cruise Ships!
- COVID-19 : How Malaysia Conducts Home Surveillance!
- H1N1 American Pandemic : Chinese Propaganda Debunked!
- COVID-19 : United Airlines Offers FREE Changes For 1 Year!
- COVID-19 : Malaysia Limits Travel From Japan, Italy + Iran!
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass : How To Plan + Book Your Flights!
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass : NOT Worth The Hassle!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!