Huckleberry just closed their BSC (Bangsar Shopping Centre) outlet after an employee there tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and whether you should be concerned!
Huckleberry BSC : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
On 11 January 2021, Huckleberry BSC announced that one of their kitchen staff at their BSC (Bangsar Shopping Centre) restaurant tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected employee last worked on 7 January 2021, and got himself tested after calling in sick to work.
Huckleberry immediately closed their BSC outlet for cleaning and sanitisation. They also sent all of their BSC staff for an rt-PCR test and quarantine.
Huckleberry also assured their customers that the kitchen and service staff do not move between outlets. Left unsaid is the management team.
They also said that all of their pastries, cakes and breads are baked off-site at their central bakery.
Huckleberry BSC COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Huckleberry on the COVID-19 exposure at their Bangsar Shopping Centre outlet.
Huckleberry BSC COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
As the affected employee was not customer-facing, the risk should be low. However, it is unknown if other employees were also affected as Huckleberry does not yet know their test results.
Cafe and restaurant customers generally not wear face masks, although it is highly recommended that everyone wears a face mask in an eatery, unless it is to eat or drink.
In fact, you should be wearing a face mask while ordering food, and while waiting for your food and drinks to be delivered.
They will definitely be tracing contacts, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While restaurants and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Maxim Dim Sum Pekaka : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Kampachi EQ + Plaza33 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ IPC : More Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Closed For Cleaning + Tests!
- Dragon Noodle 龍鬚麵 : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Melaka Hospital Full, COVID-19 Cases Sent To MAEPS!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees NOT Positive For COVID-19!
- 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True!
- Maybank Taman Malim Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- BIG @ Publika : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Bursa Malaysia : Two Employees Positive For COVID-19
- 3 Tesco Stores Sanitised After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Oriental Fitness Farlim : Instructor Positive For COVID-19!
- Din Tai Fung Gardens Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Several Genting Highlands Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Second COVID-19 Case!
- 42 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 138224 Cases, 109115 Healed, 555 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: The Ming Room BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Cases! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Follow This MCO SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 141533 Cases, 110584 Healed, 559 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: BIG @ Plaza Batai : One Guard Positive For COVID-19! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Here Are The MCO Roadblocks + Road Closures In Penang! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 147855 Cases, 113288 Healed, 578 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 151066 Cases, 115227 Healed, 586 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya COVID-19 Case : False Alarm? | Rojak Pot