A total of 206 staff at the IDCC vaccination centre just tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what’s going on, and what you should do if you were recently at the IDCC vaccination centre!
Over 200 IDCC Vaccination Staff Positive For COVID-19!
On 13 July 2021, JKJAV – the Special Committee on COVID-19 Vaccine Supply – announced that the IDCC vaccination centre (PPV) will be closed for the day after two volunteers tested positive for COVID-19.
This would allow for sanitisation of the vaccination centre to be carried out. The IDCC PPV will reopen on 14 July 2021.
The COVID-19 Immunisation Task Force (CITF) immediately ordered a screening test of all other workers at the IDCC PPV.
The test was carried out on 10 July 2021, and they found that another 204 staff were positive for COVID-19, with RT-PCR CT value of 35 – meaning that they have a low viral load.
That would mean a total of 206 staff members of the IDCC PPV have tested positive for COVID-19, including the initial two cases.
National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin, also shared that there are 453 workers at the IDCC PPV, of which :
- 88% (400 people) have been vaccinated
- 12% (53 people) have not been vaccinated
He did not reveal how many of the 206 positive cases were vaccinated. However, at least 153 of the 400 vaccinated workers would have tested positive for COVID-19 – a vaccine breakthrough rate of about 38%.
All other IDCC PPV workers will be quarantined, and replaced with a new team as a precautionary measure.
NIOSH has been ordered to monitor the ventilation in the IDCC PPV to ensure safety of people getting vaccinated going forward.
IDCC PPV COVID-19 Exposure : What Should You Do?
CITF has determined that the risk of exposure to the infected IDCC PPV staff members started from 4 PM on 9 July 2021 until 12 July 2021.
Therefore, everyone who went for vaccination at the IDCC PPV from 4 PM on 9 July 2021 until 12 July 2021 must self-quarantine and monitor their symptoms for ten days.
Those who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms should get tested immediately.
People who have appointments at IDCC PPV are advised to :
- maintain COVID-19 precautions
- maintain physical distance at all times
- come only at the appointed time
- go home as soon as they’re vaccinated
- Six Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases!
- Stop Using MySejahtera To Choose COVID-19 Vaccine!
- COVID-19 Patients CANNOT Request For Ivermectin!
- Was Shopee Warehouse Closed After 50 COVID-19 Cases?
- Klinik Kesihatan Kelana Jaya Now Used For COVID-19 Cases?
- National COVID-19 Recovery Plan : 9 July 2021 Edition!
- Supermarkets + Departmental Stores Can Fully Open in Phase 1 Areas!
- Sabah Upgraded To COVID-19 Recovery Phase 2!
- More Sectors Allowed To Open In Selangor EMCO Areas!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!