IKEA just announced that multiple security guards at their Cheras store tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
IKEA Cheras : Multiple Guards Positive For COVID-19!
On 25 January 2021, IKEA announced that several security guards at their Cheras store tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected security guards last worked on 23 January 2021, and are now under self-quarantine until further notice from the authorities.
Their employees who were in close contact with the affected guards have already been placed under home quarantine, and are undergoing their COVID-19 swab tests.
IKEA closed their Cheras store on 25 January 2021 for cleaning and sanitisation, and for contact tracing.
Update : IKEA reopened their Cheras store on 27 January 2021, at 1 PM.
IKEA Cheras COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by IKEA on their Cheras Mall store COVID-19 exposure.
IKEA Malaysia, 25 Jan 2021: Following one of our scheduled routine tests at our Cheras store, we are sad to announce we have confirmed Covid-19 positive cases involving our security guards. Their last working days were 23 Jan 2021. All security guards are now in self-quarantine until further notice from the authorities.
The health, safety and overall well-being of our co-workers, customers, partners, and community is our top priority. Therefore, we are taking precautionary measures to close our Cheras store on 25 Jan to undergo the necessary sanitisation and full contact tracing in accordance to the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) standards.
Our co-workers who were in close contact have already been placed on home quarantine and undergoing Covid-19 swab tests. Customers who have further enquiries or need more information, please call MOH’s Crisis Preparedness and Response Center’s (CPRC) hotline: 03-8881 0200/0600/0700.
We will continue to seek the advice from the authorities and will act on their advice. We have and will continue to carry out all necessary safety measures including replacement of service partners’ workers, contact tracing, swab tests, quarantine for all close contacts and sanitisation.
The fight against Covid-19 pandemic is a shared responsibility. Let’s do our part by supporting and following the Government’s directions to prevent the further spread of the virus.
Stay safe and take care.
IKEA Cheras COVID-19 Cases : What’s The Risk?
Anyone who shopped at IKEA Cheras on or before 23 January 2021, should be wary and self-quarantine if possible.
The risk will be low if both the affected guards and all customers wore face masks, and maintained physical distance.
The Ministry of Health will be conducting contact tracing for all positive cases, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
Let this be a reminder why it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times – they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
You should also maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
- Village Grocer Citta Mall Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ The Linc : Another Case Of COVID-19!
- Eateries + Restaurants In MCO Areas Can Open Till 10 PM!
- Malaysia : Existing MCO / PKP Extended To 4 February 2021!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Two More COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer Southkey : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer Damansara Perdana : One COVID-19 Case!
- BIG @ Publika : Fifth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ Plaza Batai : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- All Of Malaysia, Except Sarawak, Will Be Under MCO / PKP!
- Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall: FOUR Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Seremban + Port Dickson Coming Under MCO / PKP Too!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- Here Are The MCO Roadblocks + Road Closures In Penang!
- Follow This MCO SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 194114 Cases, 151018 Healed, 707 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 707 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 27 January 2021 | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 203933 Cases, 157722 Healed, 733 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 209661 Cases, 161527 Healed, 746 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Village Grocer Bangsar : Closed After One COVID-19 Case! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: IKEA Cheras : Closed After Multiple COVID-19 Cases! | Tech ARP
Pingback: IKEA Cheras : Multiple Staff + Partners Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 4 February 2021 | The Rojak Pot