IKEA just announced that they shut down their Damansara store, after a part-time employee was identified as potentially positive for COVID-19.
IKEA Damansara : Staff Tests Positive For COVID-19!
On 7 November 2020, IKEA announced that a part-time employee was identified on 6 November 2020 as potentially positive for COVID-19.
This part-time IKEA Damansara employee last worked on 30 October 2020, and was placed “under care of the authorities” while waiting to be tested.
On 12 November 2020, IKEA announced that their employee tested positive for COVID-19.
IKEA Damansara : Closed For COVID-19 Sanitisation
In accordance to MOH guidelines, they shut down the store today (7 November 2020) for deep cleaning and sanitisation.
This appears to be a precautionary move, as the part-time IKEA Damansara employee has yet to test positive for COVID-19.
IKEA Damansara will reopen the next day on Sunday, 8 November 2020.
IKEA Damansara COVID-19 Case : What’s The Risk?
Now that their employee tested positive for COVID-19, IKEA Damansara will be conducting contact tracing, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles.
However, it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times, as they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
IKEA Damansara : Statements On COVID-19 Case
Here is the official statement on the potential COVID-19 case at IKEA Damansara :
And here’s their follow-up statement :
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Reopens After 48 COVID Cases!
- Bayan Lepas Lady Caught Breaking COVID-19 Quarantine!
- Komugi 1 Utama : Closed After Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Nikon Says Goodbye To Malaysia On 1 January 2021
- Bayan Lepas in Penang : CMCO / PKPB on 6 November!
- KPJ Penang : Patient + 8 Frontliners Positive For COVID-19
- Seremban CMCO / PKPB Starts On 5 November 2020!
- 7 Eleven @ M City Ampang : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Royal Selangor Golf Club : 5th Case, Members Please Get Tested!
- Are There 50 COVID-19 Cases In Tesco Mutiara Damansara?
- FamilyMart KLIA2 : Reopens After COVID-19 Exposure!
- MBSB Bank Johor Bahru : Reopens After COVID-19 Cases!
- TGI Fridays Queensbay : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- MBSJ HQ Closed After Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Machines Northpoint Closed After Employee Tests Positive!
- Nilai : CMCO / PKPB Lockdown Starts 28 October 2020!
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!