The Island Medical City construction site in Penang was shut down indefinitely after many COVID-19 cases were detected there.
Island Medical City Site Shut Down After COVID-19 Cases!
The Island Medical City construction site in Penang was shut down, until further notice, by the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) on 31 December 2020.
While they did not reveal any details of the shut down, KKM reported only one new cluster in Penang that week – the Rawa Akasia Cluster.
Is Island Medical City = Rawa Akasia Cluster?
According to KKM records, the Rawa Akasia Cluster involves the North East and Southwest districts of Penang island, and Central and Southern Seberang Prai.
The index case, Case 100149, was reported to be COVID-19 positive on 24 December 2020 through symptomatic screening.
Up to 1 January 2021, a total of 322 individuals were screened, of which 117 COVID-19 cases were detected in this cluster.
While rumours claim that there are now 280 cases at the Island Medical City construction site, KKM only confirmed 123 cases in total for the Rawa Akasia Cluster, including 6 new cases on 2 January 2021.
Of course, the Rawa Akasia Cluster may not be referring to the Island Medical City construction site. We will update this report when we learn more.
We only know for sure that the Island Medical City construction site was shut down indefinitely due to COVID-19 exposure.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- 471 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 31 December 2020
- Air Selangor : Massive DU Pipe Repair Slightly Delayed!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Jabil Penang Plant 1 : Closed After 21 COVID-19 Cases!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- CMCO / PKPB Extended To 14 January For 6 States / Areas!
- What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lies : Doctor Infected!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- The Penang Ferry Lives On… A While Longer!
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Wisma 99 Speedmart : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Malaysia : COVID-19 Vaccine Maybe Available Only In April!
- Malaysia : 3.2 Million To Get AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Singapore First Asian Country To Receive Pfizer Vaccine!
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Village Grocer Sunsuria : Employee Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Chulia Street Pubs + Cafes Closed After New Year Eve Parties! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 119077 Cases, 97218 Healed, 494 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: BIG @ IPC : One Employee Positive For COVID-19! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 125438 Cases, 100578 Healed, 513 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Genting Highlands Employees + Visitors Quarantined For COVID-19?
Pingback: NSK Selayang : 80 Employees Positive For COVID-19! | The Rojak Pot