Jaya Grocer just announced that FOUR employees at their Gardens Mall store tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall : 4 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
On 18 January 2021, Jaya Grocer announced that four (4) employees at their Gardens Mall store just tested positive for COVID-19.
They were all asymptomatic, and detected only after Jaya Grocer screened all of their staff at their Gardens Mall store on 17 January 2021, using the rt-PCR test.
All four last reported to work on 17 January 2021. All four affected employees, and their close contacts, have been quarantined.
Jaya Grocer will not be closing their Gardens Mall store, but will sanitise it at 8:30 PM tonight, and reopen on Tuesday, 19 January 2021.
This is the sixth Jaya Grocer outlet to be affected by COVID-19, after Intermark Mall, KL East Mall, Glo Damansara, KLIA2, Mutiara Tropicana, and 1 Utama.
Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Jaya Grocer on the COVID-19 exposure at their Gardens Mall store.
Dear Valued Customers,
On 17th January 2021, we conducted RT-PCR swab tests on all of our staff at Jaya Grocer The Gardens Mall. We received the results on 18th January 2021, from which we learnt that four of our staff had tested positive for COVID-19. All four of them were asymptomatic. Please note that these staff last reported to work on 17th January 2021.
Please rest assured that:
1. The aforementioned staff and all close contacts have been quarantined
2. All other staff at Jaya Grocer The Gardens Mall tested negative
3. Jaya Grocer The Gardens Mall will be cleaned and sanitised in accordance with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Health by a government-approved, third-party company tonight at 8.30pm
We will remain open for business tomorrow on Tuesday, 19 January 2021.
The safety of our customers and staff remains our utmost priority. Thank you for your continuous support. Please stay safe and healthy.
THE MANAGEMENT OF JAYA GROCER
Jaya Grocer Gardens COVID-19 Case : What’s The Risk?
The risk would depend on whether the affected employees wore a face mask properly, maintained physical distance from customers and co-workers, as well as good hand hygiene.
It would also depend a lot on whether customers who came into contact wore their face masks properly, and practiced good hand hygiene.
The Ministry of Health will no doubt be tracing contacts, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles.
However, it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times, as they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
You should also maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Seremban + Port Dickson Coming Under MCO / PKP Too!
- Village Grocer Melawati : Two More Positive For COVID-19!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- Multiple Jaya Grocer Intermark Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ Publika : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- Kelantan + 3 Sarawak Districts Coming Under MCO / PKP!
- Village Grocer M-City : Cashier Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer Melawati : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Here Are The MCO Roadblocks + Road Closures In Penang!
- UOB OUG KL : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- UOB Plaza Mahkota : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
- FamilyMart : Major Supplier Has Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Several Giant Subang Jaya Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Follow This MCO SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO!
- BIG @ Publika : Second Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Malaysia : 8 MCO Areas, 6 CMCO Areas, 2 RMCO Areas!
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!