Jaya Grocer just closed their Glo Damansara outlet after a staff member there tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned!
Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
On 24 December 2020, Jaya Grocer announced that an employee at their Glo Damansara outlet tested positive for COVID-19.
This affected employee was not working at Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara since 18 December 2020, and tested positive on 24 December 2020.
As a precautionary measure, Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara was immediately closed on 24 December 2020, until further notice, for a deep cleaning exercise, in accordance with MOH guidelines.
They will also send all Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara employees for a COVID-19 swab test today.
Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara COVID-19 Case : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they will be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected employee.
If you happened to be in close contact with the affected Jaya Grocer employee, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine as well as undergo a screening test.
These shopping-related infections reinforce the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara : Official Statement
This was the official statement posted by Jaya Grocer on 24 December 2020 :
OFFICIAL STATEMENT REGARDING
JAYA GROCER GLO DAMANSARA
24 DECEMBER 2020
Dear Valued Customers,
It is with utmost regret that we must inform you that one staff member at Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara tested positive for COVID-19 on 24th December 2020. Please note that this staff member has not been on-site since 18th December 2020.
As a precautionary measure, we will be closing Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara from today, 24th December 2020, until further notice. All staff from Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara will undergo the swab test today. We have already started cleaning and sanitising Jaya Grocer Glo Damansara in accordance with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Health.
The safety of our customers and staff remains our utmost priority. We will continue to keep you informed via social media.
Thank you for your continuous support.
Please stay safe and healthy.
THE MANAGEMENT OF JAYA GROCER
TRENDCELL SDN. BHD.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Wisma 99 Speedmart : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Malaysia : COVID-19 Vaccine Maybe Available Only In April!
- 444 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 23 December 2020
- Malaysia : 3.2 Million To Get AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Karex Pontian : Closed After 28 COVID-19 Cases!
- Singapore First Asian Country To Receive Pfizer Vaccine!
- Two Panasonic Factories Closed After 116 Gets COVID-19!
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- St Francis Xavier Church Melaka Priest Positive For COVID-19!
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!