Jaya Grocer just announced that more employees at their Intermark store tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Jaya Grocer Intermark : Multiple Employees Positive For COVID-19!
On 14 January 2021, Jaya Grocer announced that a cashier at their Intermark store tested positive for COVID-19.
On 15 January 2021, Jaya Grocer announced that more employees at their Intermark store have also tested positive for COVID-19.
Jaya Grocer closed their Intermark outlet on 15 January 2021, to perform deep cleaning and sanitisation.
They will reopen on 16 January 2021 at 9 AM, with only staff who have tested negative and were not close contacts with the affected employees.
Close contacts who tested negative would still be quarantined for a minimum of 10 days.
That makes it the 5th Jaya Grocer outlet to be affected by COVID-19, after KL East Mall, Glo Damansara, KLIA2, Mutiara Tropicana, and 1 Utama.
Jaya Grocer Intermark COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Jaya Grocer on the COVID-19 exposure at their Intermark store.
Dear Valued Customers,
As a follow-up to yesterday’s statement, it is with a heavy heart that we must inform you that some additional staff have tested positive for COVID-19 at Jaya Grocer The Intermark Mall.
Please rest assured that:
1. Only staff who have tested negative and are not close contacts will report to work.
2. All close contacts who have tested negative will be quarantined for a minimum of 10 days as advised by the Ministry of Health (KKM). They will be subjected to another round of the swab test before reporting back to work.
3. Jaya Grocer at The Intermark Mall has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitised in accordance with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Health (KKM).
Jaya Grocer at The Intermark Mall will re-open for business tomorrow on Saturday, 16th January 2021, at 9am.
At Jaya Grocer, your safety remains our utmost priority. Thank you for your continuous support. We would like to welcome you back to Jaya Grocer at The Intermark Mall. Please stay safe and healthy.
THE MANAGEMENT OF JAYA GROCER
Jaya Grocer Intermark COVID-19 Case : What’s The Risk?
The risk would depend on whether the affected employees wore a face mask properly, maintained physical distance from customers and co-workers, as well as good hand hygiene.
It would also depend a lot on whether customers who came into contact wore their face masks properly, and practiced good hand hygiene.
The Ministry of Health will no doubt be tracing contacts, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles.
However, it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times, as they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
You should also maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- BIG @ Publika : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- Kelantan + 3 Sarawak Districts Coming Under MCO / PKP!
- Village Grocer M-City : Cashier Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer Melawati : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Here Are The MCO Roadblocks + Road Closures In Penang!
- UOB OUG KL : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- UOB Plaza Mahkota : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
- FamilyMart : Major Supplier Has Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Several Giant Subang Jaya Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Follow This MCO SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO!
- BIG @ Publika : Second Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya COVID-19 Case : False Alarm?
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara Still Closed After COVID-19 Cases
- The Ming Room BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Malaysia : 8 MCO Areas, 6 CMCO Areas, 2 RMCO Areas!
- ISETAN KLCC + Lot 10 : Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Huckleberry BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 155095 Cases, 117375 Healed, 594 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 158434 Cases, 120051 Healed, 601 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall: FOUR Staff Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 161740 Cases, 122344 Healed, 605 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 169379 Cases, 127662 Healed, 630 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 172549 Cases, 130152 Healed, 642 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 176180 Cases, 132706 Healed, 660 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer Damansara Perdana : One COVID-19 Case! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana : One COVID-19 Case Today! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer Jaya 33 : Employee Positive For COVID-19! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Four Jaya Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 In July 2021! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer Jaya Shopping Centre : Another COVID-19 Case! | Rojak Pot