Jaya Grocer just announced that an employee at their Jaya 33 store tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Jaya Grocer Jaya 33 : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
On 16 February 2021, Jaya Grocer announced that an employee at their Jaya 33 store tested positive for COVID-19.
The employee last reported to work at the goods receiving department on 12 February 2021.
Jaya Grocer decided to close their Jaya 33 store, so that the remaining staff members can get tested for COVID-19. They will reopen the store on Thursday, 18 February 2021.
This is the tenth Jaya Grocer outlet to be affected by COVID-19, after Gardens Mall, DPulze Cyberjaya, Mutiara Tropicana, Empire Shopping Gallery, Damansara Perdana, Intermark Mall, KL East Mall, Glo Damansara, KLIA2, and 1 Utama.
Jaya Grocer Jaya 33 COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Jaya Grocer on the COVID-19 exposure at their Jaya 33 store.
Dear Valued Customers,
Upon learning that one of our staff at Jaya Grocer Jaya33 tested positive for COVID-19 via the Rapid Antigen Test, we have decided to close Jaya Grocer Jaya33 at 6.15pm today in order to arrange for urgent RT-PCR swab tests for all of our staff. This staff works in the goods receiving department and last reported to work on Friday, 12th February 2021.
During this time, Jaya Grocer Jaya33 will be cleaned and sanitised in accordance with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Health by a government-approved, third-party company. Please note that all our fresh produce will be replaced to ensure freshness.
Jaya Grocer Jaya33 will re-open for business on Thursday, 18 February 2021. All returning staff will consist of those who have tested negative and are not close contacts of the aforementioned staff.
Please rest assured that your safety remains our utmost priority. We will keep you informed via social media. Thank you for your continuous support. Please stay safe and healthy.
THE MANAGEMENT OF JAYA GROCER
Jaya Grocer Jaya 33 COVID-19 Case : What’s The Risk?
The risk would depend on whether the affected employee wore a face mask properly, maintained physical distance from customers and co-workers, as well as good hand hygiene.
The Ministry of Health will be tracing contacts, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
Let this be a reminder why it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times – they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
- 983 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 16 February 2021
- Goodbye, ntv7 … and hello, DidikTV KPM!
- Tesco Stores In Malaysia Are Now Lotus’s Stores!
- Village Grocer Avenue K : Employee Positive For COVID-19
- MYDIN Bukit Mertajam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure!
- NSK Seremban 2 : Closed 1 Week After COVID-19 Exposure!
- All Citizens + Foreigners Will Get FREE COVID-19 Vaccine!
- MCO : Driving + Flight Schools Can Reopen!
- MCO : Fishing, Gym, Golf, Motorsports Now Allowed!
- Giant Seri Kembangan : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- MKN : Use MySejahtera, Not Log Book, Or Get Fined!
- MKN Allows Dining, Retail, Creative Industry, Sports Training
- J&T Express Package Wrapped With Pink Underwear!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Another U-Turn : Pub, Nightclub Cannot Sell Food Or Drinks!
- Warning : RM1K Fine If You Stand Too Close In A Queue!
- J&T Express Workers On Strike Over Pay Cut?
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Two More COVID-19 Cases!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 4 February 2021
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!