Jaya Grocer just announced that a security guard at their KL East Mall store just tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Jaya Grocer KL East Mall : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19!
On 3 January 2021, Jaya Grocer announced that a security guard at their KL East Mall store just tested positive for COVID-19.
The outsourced security guard has worked at Jaya Grocer KL East Mall on 30 December, and has not been there since 31 December 2020. He also does not share a hostel with Jaya Grocer staff members.
This is reminiscent of their previous COVID-19 exposure in October 2020, which was from a security guard as well.
As a precautionary measure, Jaya Grocer closed their KL East Mall outlet on 3 January 2021, until further notice, for deep cleaning and sanitisation.
They are also sending all their KL East Mall staff and outsourced personnel for a swab test.
Jaya Grocer KL East Mall COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Jaya Grocer on the COVID-19 exposure at their KL East Mall store.
Dear Valued Customers,
It is with utmost regret that we must inform you that during our latest round of routine COVID-19 testing on 2nd January 2021, we discovered that one outsourced security guard at Jaya Grocer KL East Mall tested positive for COVID-19. Please note that the outsourced security guard has not been on-site since 31st December 2020 and does not share a hostel with our staff.
As a precautionary measure, we will be closing Jaya Grocer at KL East Mall on 3rd January 2021, until further notice. All staff and outsourced personnel will undergo the swab test. Deep cleaning and sanitising will be conducted during the store closure.
The safety of our customers and staff remains our utmost priority. We will continue to keep you informed via social media. Thank you for your continuous support. Please stay safe and healthy.
THE MANAGEMENT OF JAYA GROCER
Jaya Grocer KL East Mall COVID-19 Case : What’s The Risk?
Jaya Grocer will no doubt be conducting contact tracing, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the store of any infectious particles.
However, it is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times, as they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 2021 School Term + Holiday Calendars Confirmed!
- Village Grocer Sunsuria : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Island Medical City Site Shut Down After COVID-19 Cases!
- 483 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 2 January 2021
- IKEA Damansara : More COVID-19 Exposure!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Jabil Penang Plant 1 : Closed After 21 COVID-19 Cases!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- CMCO / PKPB Extended To 14 January For 6 States / Areas!
- What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lies : Doctor Infected!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- The Penang Ferry Lives On… A While Longer!
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Malaysia : COVID-19 Vaccine Maybe Available Only In April!
- Malaysia : 3.2 Million To Get AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Singapore First Asian Country To Receive Pfizer Vaccine!
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!