Jaya Grocer just closed their KLIA2 outlet after two security guards there tested positive for COVID-19.
Jaya Grocer KLIA2 : Two Guards Positive For COVID-19
On 20 October 2020, Jaya Grocer announced that two security guards at their KLIA2 outlet tested positive for COVID-19.
These two security guards were tested positive after Jaya Grocer decided to test their “outsourced staff” at their Klang Valley outlets.
They did not reveal when these two guards last worked at their KLIA2 outlet, only that the security guards at their other outlets tested negative.
The Jaya Grocer KLIA2 outlet was immediately closed on 20 October 2020, until further notice, for a deep cleaning exercise, in accordance with MOH guidelines.
They will also send their staff members at the KLIA2 outlet for a COVID-19 swab test today.
Jaya Grocer COVID-19 Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they should be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected security guards.
If you happened to be in close contact with the affected Jaya Grocer security guards, you will be contacted and asked to self-quarantine as well as undergo a screening test.
These shopping-related infections reinforce the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
Jaya Grocer KLIA2 : Official Statement
This was the official statement posted by Jaya Grocer on 20 October 2020 :
Dear Valued Customers,
Since last week, we have taken the initiative to test every single outsourced staff member at all Jaya Grocer outlets in the Klang Valley. Regrettably, two outsourced security guards at Jaya Grocer KLIA2 have tested positive for COVID-19. In light of this, Jaya Grocer KLIA2 will be closed from today, 20th October 2020, until further notice. All staff from this outlet will undergo the swab test today.
All other outsourced security personnel at all of our Jaya Grocer outlets have tested negative for COVID-19. We will be temporarily replacing all outsourced security guards with our local staff.
We have already started cleansing and sanitising Jaya Grocer KLIA2 in accordance with the guidelines set by the MoH.
The safety of our customers and staff remains our utmost priority. Thank you for your continuous support. Please stay safe and healthy.
The management of Jaya Grocer
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 50 Employees At PROTON Shah Alam Positive For COVID-19!
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya Ver. 7
- Rotiboy Reopens Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- SMK Simpang Bekoh : Closed 7 Days After COVID-19 Case
- What CMCO? Public Parks In KL Reopen Today!
- Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana To Reopen After Negative Tests
- OLDTOWN White Coffee 1 Utama : One COVID Positive Case
- PJ Digital Mall Closed For Cleaning After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton OK During CMCO / PKPB
- All IT Hypermarket SOGO Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Jaya Grocer 1 Utama : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19
- 1 Utama To Reopen 17 Oct, Tenants Reminded To Pay Rental
- 1 Utama Cluster : 132 COVID-19 Cases, Index Case Identified!
- Labuan Under CMCO / PKPB Lockdown On 17 October!
- 1 Utama Disputes COVID-19 Cases, Claims Just 21+1
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Disinfected After COVID Exposure
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- MyGCC Confirms DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info!
- Menara Public Bank : Disinfected After COVID-19 Exposure
- These Kota Damansara Roads Are Closing For CMCO Lockdown!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!