Viral videos have surfaced, allegedly showing J&T Express workers on strike over a pay cut!
Take a look at the videos, and find out what happened!
J&T Express Workers On Strike Over Pay Cut?
Several videos have surfaced, allegedly showing J&T Express workers on strike over a pay cut!
In one viral clip, J&T Express workers are seen shouting, with one of them throwing parcels from a conveyor belt.
According to various netizens, the J&T Express workers were angry and on strike, because their commissions were cut.
The other videos showed what appears to be a J&T Express E-Fulfillment Centre, full of undelivered parcels with no one in sight. They appear to be genuine, with J&T logo on some of the parcels.
J&T Express confirmed the incident, and clarified that it was a misunderstanding by several workers who did not understand their year-end bonus plan.
J&T Express in Perak then shared a video of seven workers saying that they did not strike, and apologising for abusing the packages.
On the other hand, this internal memo showed that J&T introduced a new, lower commission rate for their delivery dispatchers from 1 February 2021 onwards.
J&T Express Worker Strike : Official Statement
On 7 February 2021, J&T Express finally issued a statement about these viral videos :
The recent viral case which has been circulated on social media regarding “J&T Deducts Employee Wages Incident” that caused the dissatisfaction among employees with violent sorting behaviour, which has attracted the attention and discussion of the public, inside and outside the industry.
First of all, we express our deepest apologies to all Malaysians. Everyone’s opinions and suggestions are truly accepted and adopted by the company. In order to ensure the stability of our employees and to give the public a true accountability, we take this opportunity to clarify the truth to the public today.
“Deduction of Employee Wages Incident”:
J&T has been fully committed to localisation development, continuously improving employee compensation and benefits, and promoting the development of Malaysia’s social economy and E-commerce Industry. We have been committed to building a complete compensation and benefits system to increase employee benefits.
J&T has given employees year-end bonuses after comprehensive consideration, in accordance with the bonus rules and regulations, and in accordance with the Malaysian Labour Law, full bonuses are paid to employees who have worked for a year.
For employees who have worked for less than a year, bonuses are paid according to the length of working time without prejudice.
Unfortunately, certain employees are not clear about the bonus payment scheme which led to violent sorting of packages on February 4th, inciting some employees to make collective disturbances, and posting the videos to social media.
Our Perak state management has immediately handled and clarified the incident. On February 5th, the employees had resumed their normal working status and actively sorted and processed the packages of customers.
As for the fact that J&T deducts employee wages, we clarify that J&T will not deduct or owe employees a penny of wages, and hereby declare that we are willing to accept the supervision and inspection by the public and institutions.
- 872 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 7 February 2021
- Disgusting Fish Processing Factory In Kepong Shut Down!
- Here Is The Updated Chinese New Year SOP For Malaysia!
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Two More COVID-19 Cases!
- Why The Chinese New Year SOP Lacks Common Sense!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 4 February 2021
- MCO 2.0 : Barber, Hair Saloon + Car Wash Allowed To Open!
- Hoax : Dr Noor Hisham Has Tendered His Resignation!
- Malaysia Will Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine On 26 Feb 2021!
- Malaysia MCO / PKP Extended To 18 Feb 2021!
- 52 Stricter MCO Rules For 6 Months : Just Another Hoax!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 29 January 2021
- Business Hours Extended, Night Markets + Logging Allowed!
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!