Kampachi Restaurants announced that two employees at their EQ and Plaza33 restaurants tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and whether you should be concerned!
Kampachi EQ + Plaza33 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
On 9 January 2021, Kampachi Restaurants announced that two employees – one each at their EQ and Plaza33 restaurants tested positive for COVID-19.
The affected employee at Kampachi EQ was last at work on 7 January 2021, and has not been back to work since. Kampachi closed their EQ restaurant on 9 January 2021, until further notice.
The affected employee at Kampachi Plaza33 was last at work on 4 January 2021, but it was not mentioned whether they closed this outlet.
Both employees tested positive on 9 January 2021, and their colleagues have all been sent for testing, while both premises were deep-cleaned, and the close contacts of those affected employees traced.
On 10 January 2021, Kampachi Restaurants announced that the other service and kitchen employees at their Plaza33 have tested negative for COVID-19.
Kampachi EQ + Plaza33 COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Kampachi Restaurants on the COVID-19 exposure at their EQ and Plaza33 outlets.
Kampachi EQ + Plaza33 COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
The risk very much depends on whether the affected employees were customer-facing, and if so, did they comply with protective measures like wearing a face mask, and maintaining physical distance where possible.
Restaurant customers generally not wear face masks, although it is highly recommended that everyone wears a face mask in a restaurant, unless it is to eat or drink.
In fact, you should be wearing a face mask while ordering food, and while waiting for your food and drinks to be delivered.
As mentioned in their press release, they are tracing contacts, and those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While restaurants and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- BIG @ IPC : More Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Closed For Cleaning + Tests!
- Dragon Noodle 龍鬚麵 : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Melaka Hospital Full, COVID-19 Cases Sent To MAEPS!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees NOT Positive For COVID-19!
- 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True!
- Maybank Taman Malim Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- BIG @ Publika : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Bursa Malaysia : Two Employees Positive For COVID-19
- 3 Tesco Stores Sanitised After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Oriental Fitness Farlim : Instructor Positive For COVID-19!
- Din Tai Fung Gardens Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Several Genting Highlands Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Second COVID-19 Case!
- 42 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Maxim Dim Sum Pekaka : Closed After COVID-19 Case! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too... | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 138224 Cases, 109115 Healed, 555 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 135992 Cases, 108109 Healed, 551 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Malaysia : 8 MCO Areas, 6 CMCO Areas, 2 RMCO Areas! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: The Ming Room BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Cases! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer DPulze Cyberjaya COVID-19 Case : False Alarm? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: UOB OUG KL : One Employee Positive For COVID-19! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 147855 Cases, 113288 Healed, 578 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: ISETAN KLCC + Lot 10 : Employees Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot