Why are people queuing up for Hari Raya shopping at the Kenanga Wholesale City on the first day of the economic reopening (CMCO)??!
Find out what happened, and what the facts really are!
Claim : Hari Raya Rush @ Kenanga Wholesale City On CMCO Day 1
These four pictures and message are being shared as evidence of people queuing up for their Hari Raya shopping, at the Kenanga Wholesale City.
Hari Raya Rush @ Kenanga Wholesale City : The Facts
We would like to credit Astro AWANI for taking the initiative to investigate the claim, and this was what they discovered.
Fact #1 : The Pictures Are Genuine
First of all, those pictures are genuine. They do indeed show lines of people queuing up at the Kenanga Wholesale City early this morning.
Fact #2 : Those Are Workers, Not Customers
According to Wendy Lam, an Assistant Manager in charge of Advertisements and Promotion at Kenanga Wholesale City, the people queuing up were workers working in the mall, not customers.
This is the first day of the CMCO (Conditional Movement Control Order), so they were queuing up to get inside to begin their first day of work.
Fact #3 : They Were Queuing Up For Inspection
To ensure safety of the workers and customers, the mall management required workers to have their temperature taken.
They were also asked to register their names, identification number and shop lot number – which caused the line to build up.
Fact #4 : They Were Not Properly Distanced
The Kenanga Wholesale City management laid yellow strips to ensure that they queued up one metre apart, at least near the entrance.
However, the pictures show people queuing up side-by-side, so they were definitely not all properly distanced.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Why Such Long Queues At Pawn Shops On CMCO Day 1?
- Bank Negara Hire Purchase Loan Deferment : What Changed?
- Fact Check : UNHCR Driving Licence For Malaysia
- Kim Clement : Kim Jong-un Death Prophesy Failed Again
- Sitti Hikmawatty Fired Over Sperm In Swimming Pool Claim
- Fact Check : SGH Bills $192,068 For COVID-19 Treatment
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Confident USA Created COVID-19!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Says COVID-19 Created By China!
- Fact Check : Fox News Hot Mic Leaks COVID-19 Hoax + Vaccine
- Trump Gang Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- How To Open A Pre-Cut Coconut, The Easy Way!
- Is COVID-19 An Airborne Virus? Here Are The Facts!
- Ji Shan Foundation Charity Scam Exposed!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- How To Get + Pay Your TNB Bill During COVID-19 MCO
- Face Mask Recycling Scammers Exposed!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- Doctor Died Taking Hydroxychloroquine To Prevent COVID-19
- McDonald’s Malaysia Voucher Scam EXPOSED!
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- Anti-Lockdown Gathering Of Muslim Migrants Debunked!
- Thai King Died From COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- Bomohs Combine Powers To Trap COVID-19 Toyol!
- Did This Malaysian Student Die From COVID-19 In London?
- 6-Month Loan Moratorium : Why You Should TAKE It!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
If you like our work, support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!