Soon after a U-turn on sports facilities, Malaysia will now allow public parks in KL to reopen… TODAY.
This CMCO / PKPB lockdown is beginning to feel nothing like an actual lockdown…
What CMCO? Public Parks In KL Reopen Today!
On 18 October, the Minister of Federal Territories Tan Sri Annuar Musa announced on Twitter that since golf courses and gyms are allowed to open, public parks in the Federal Territories would be allowed to reopen.
According to that tweet, the decision was taken by the Federal Territories Department of Culture and Arts (JKKN WP), after consulting the National Security Council and the Ministry of Health.
This followed the announcement on 17 October that commercial sports facilities like gyms, football fields, futsal courts and badminton halls would be allowed to reopen on 19 October 2020. There was no mention of golf courses though.
While his tweet said that public parks in the Federal Territories are now allowed to open, we believe he only meant Kuala Lumpur, and not Putrajaya and Labuan, which are also under CMCO lockdown.
This is because only DBKL has so far announced the reopening of their public parks in KL. There has been no announcements from Putrajaya or Labuan yet.
DBKL : All Public Parks In KL Will Reopen On 19 October 2020
The KL City Hall then announced that all public parks under their administration will reopen on 19 October 2020.
- Taman Botani Perdana
- Taman Awam Bukit Kiara
- Taman Tasik Titiwangsa
- Taman Tasik Manjalara
- Taman Metropolitan Kepong
- Taman Metropolitan Batu
- Taman Tasik Datuk Keramat
- Taman Tasik Permaisuri
- Taman Bukit Jalil
- Taman Tasik Ampang Hilir
- Taman Alam Damai
- Taman Dusun Bandar
- Taman Tasik Sri Rampai
- Taman Kejiranan Ayer Panas
- Taman Rimba Bukit Kerinchi
- Taman Rekreasi Pudu Ulu
What’s The SOP For Public Parks In KL?
While they reminded everyone to obey the SOP, they never clarified what SOP they were referring to.
Assuming they meant the SOP for sporting activities during RMCO, that basically means practically all activities are permitted, subject to these limitations :
- Individual sports : maintain physical distance of 1-3 metres (static activities) and 3-5 metres (dynamic activities)
- Group sports : maintain physical distance of 1-3 metres (static activities) and 3-5 metres (dynamic activities)
The only things that are really forbidden are competitions or sporting events with spectators.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana To Reopen After Negative Tests
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Rotiboy Closes Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case!
- OLDTOWN White Coffee 1 Utama : One COVID Positive Case
- PJ Digital Mall Closed For Cleaning After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton OK During CMCO / PKPB
- All IT Hypermarket SOGO Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Jaya Grocer 1 Utama : Security Guard Positive For COVID-19
- 1 Utama To Reopen 17 Oct, Tenants Reminded To Pay Rental
- 1 Utama Cluster : 132 COVID-19 Cases, Index Case Identified!
- Labuan Under CMCO / PKPB Lockdown On 17 October!
- 1 Utama Disputes COVID-19 Cases, Claims Just 21+1
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Disinfected After COVID Exposure
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- MyGCC Confirms DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info!
- Menara Public Bank : Disinfected After COVID-19 Exposure
- These Kota Damansara Roads Are Closing For CMCO Lockdown!
- DBKL Issued Old CMCO (PKPB) Info By MyGCC?
- Origani Staff Confirmed NEGATIVE For COVID-19!
- The Curve Deep-Cleaned After Staff Positive For COVID-19
- Dr. Chong Yit Khang COVID-19 Warning : Yet Another Hoax!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!