MKN just declared that the EMCO lockdown of KL and Selangor will end today!
Here is what you need to know!
EMCO Lockdown Ends For KL + Selangor!
On 15 July 2021, the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) announced that the EMCO lockdown for these locations in KL will not be extended!
- Projek Perumahan Rakyat (PPR) Sri Semarak
- Projek Perumahan Rakyat (PPR) Batu Muda
- Kampung Padang Balang
- Taman Koperasi Polis (Fasa 1 & 2)
- Flat Sri Sabah
- Projek Perumahan Rakyat (PPR) Kampung Baru Air Panas
- Projek Perumahan Rakyat (PPR) Kerinchi
- Bandar Baru Sentul
- Taman Ikan Emas
However, MKN did not mention what happens to these other locations in KL :
- Flat Seksyen 2 Wangsa Maju
- Flat Seksyen 1 Wangsa Maju
- Kampung Puah
- Flat Desa Pandan (Termasuk Baiduri & Delima)
- Kampung Batu Muda
Then on 16 July 2021, MKN announced that the EMCO lockdown for Selangor will also not be extended!
Therefore, the EMCO lockdown for those 9 locations in KL and all 34 affected townships (mukims) in Selangor will end today – 16 July 2021!
Now that EMCO is over, the EMCO areas in KL and Selangor will return to Phase 1 restrictions.
There are some exceptions though. These areas were placed under EMCO restrictions from 18 to 31 July 2021 :
- Damai Apartment in PJS 8, Mukim Damansara, Petaling District
- Jalan Pandan Indah, Mukim Ampang, Hulu Langat District
- Jalan Batu Nilam, Bukit Tinggi, Mukim Klang, Klang District
- Taman Samudera, Mukim Batu, Gombak District
These four places will be placed under “real” EMCO, where residents are NOT ALLOWED to leave at all.
EMCO Ends In KL + Selangor : What’s Different?
When EMCO ends in KL and Selangor, the affected areas will go back to Phase 1 SOP.
But what’s different? Here are a few things that will change :
- Instead of one person, now TWO (2) persons per household may leave to purchase essential items and food.
- There is no longer an 8 PM curfew.
- Jogging and exercise will be allowed in open areas in your housing area, with 2-3 metre physical distance, from 7 AM until 8 PM.
- Eateries will be allowed to open earlier and close later – from 6 AM until 10 PM.
For more Phase 1 SOP details, please click here!
- Sinopharm + Janssen COVID-19 Vaccines Approved!
- SEVEN Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Two More COVID-19 Cases!
- FOUR HeroMarket Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases!
- Did Fake Police Officers Try To Rob A Penang Condominium?
- Did Police Fine Subang Jaya Residents Playing Badminton?
- Are Robbers Pretending To Be Government Officials?
- Over 200 IDCC Vaccination Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Six Village Grocer Outlets Hit By COVID-19 Cases!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!