We have an ICU crisis in Malaysia – ICUs in the Klang Valley are now at 113% capacity!
Find out what’s going on, and what we can do to prevent this ICU crisis from escalating!
ICU Crisis : Klang Valley ICUs Now At 113% Capacity!
The Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) has warned us about this for some time now, and the day has arrived when our ICUs are all full.
On 22 May 2021, the Director General of Health, Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah announced that ICU usage in the Klang Valley has reached 113%!
The worst affected hospitals are Kajang Hospital and Banting Hospital, with 317% and 200% ICU occupancy!
Just take a look at these shocking statistics!
ICU Crisis : How Did KKM Expand ICUs Beyond 100%?
You may be wondering how KKM managed to expand hospital ICUs beyond 100%.
Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah announced on 19 May 2021 that they were able to increase the number of ICU beds for COVID-19 patients by repurposing normal wards.
They basically turned normal wards into temporary ICUs by adding ICU equipment to the beds already there. However, ICUs are more than just beds with equipment.
They need to be manned 24 hours a day, with medical staff monitoring patients under their care in three shifts.
So, this is not an ideal situation, but it allows the Health Ministry to avoid turning away patients with severe COVID-19… for now.
Here are pictures of the ICUs in HTAR (Tuanku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital), filled with critical COVID-19 patients.
How To Prevent Escalation Of This ICU Crisis?
We need to help KKM prevent a further escalation of this ICU crisis by STRICTLY enforcing COVID-19 precautions.
- Staying home and restricting travel to only what’s essential.
- Wear a face mask, preferably N95 or at least a surgical mask, when out in public.
- Maintain physical distance of 1-2 metres from strangers.
- Maintain good hand hygiene at all times.
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Programme Round 2 : Get Ready!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Waiting List : Look Out For The Alert!
- UKM Bangi Vaccination Experience By Sharmine Ishak!
- AstraZeneca Vaccination @ UM : A Video + Picture Guide!
- New Vaccination Process @ WTCKL Starting 15 May 2021!
- Pharmaniaga Sinovac Vaccine Finally Ready For Distribution!
- MCO 3.0 : Sarawak Sticking With CMCO + Some Changes!
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Kindergartens + Childcare Can Open Again!
- No MCO 3.0 In Sabah, Sarawak May Follow Too!
- Malaysia To Come Under MCO 3.0 Restrictions Nationwide!
- COVID-19 Vaccination @ WTC On 15-16 May Rescheduled!
- Kluang In Johor Now Under MCO 3.0 Restrictions Too!
- Travel + Certain Activities Now FORBIDDEN Across Malaysia!
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Golf Allowed And Then Banned Again!
- Penang, Perak + Pahang : What Areas Are Under MCO 3.0?
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Outdoor Sports Allowed Again!
- KL + Parts Of Perak, Johor, Terengganu Under MCO Too!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!