For those who are confused by the latest inter-district travel announcement, here is the final word – Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Putrajaya are considered ONE ZONE – Klang Valley, but travel to Putrajaya requires police permission!
Ismail Sabri : Klang Valley Considered One Zone
Back in May 2020, the Malaysia National Security Council (MKN) announced that KL, Selangor and Putrajaya are considered one zone for the purpose of disease control – the Klang Valley zone.
Therefore, travel between KL, Selangor and Putrajaya was allowed at that time, as they were all CMCO / PKPB areas under the same zone, not different states.
The government considered travel between KL, Selangor and Putrajaya as inter-district travel, not interstate travel.
Ismail Sabri : Klang Valley Travel Allowed, But Not Putrajaya
However, that caused some confusion as people wondered – is KL, Selangor and Putrajaya still considered as the same zone?
Malaysia Senior Minister of Defence Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri later issued another statement, reaffirming that Selangor, KL and Putrajaya are still considered as one zone – the Klang Valley zone.
However, only free travel between KL and Selangor is allowed this time. This is because Putrajaya has been classified as an RMCO area.
Therefore, travel from CMCO areas like KL and Selangor to Putrajaya will require police permission, unless it is for official work purposes (with employer’s letter).
Official Statement On KL, Selangor, Putrajaya Travel By Ismail Sabri
At 9 PM on 2 March 2021, MKN issued this official statement by Senior Defence Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri :
And here is our English translation :
- 1148 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 3 March 2021
- Ismail Sabri : Klang Valley One Zone, But Putrajaya Off-Limits!
- Inter-District Travel Allowed Across Malaysia, Except In Sabah!
- MCO 2.0 Over, Now CMCO + RMCO Until 18 March 2021!
- CoronaVac Vaccine Now In Malaysia, But No Approval Yet!
- Sarawak CMCO / PKPB Extended To 15 March 2021!
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccine On MySejahtera!
- MICE + Busking Activities Allowed In MCO Areas!
- Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan District List : Travel Inside!
- Ampang Jaya Police HQ Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- Pos Malaysia : No Road Tax Renewal Until April 2021!
- Tam Pui / Chinese Potty Not For Serving Wine / Soup!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Yet Another COVID-19 Case!
- Village Grocer EkoCheras Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- All Schools In Malaysia To Reopen In March / April 2021!
- IKEA Cheras : Multiple Staff + Partners Positive For COVID-19!
- MCO U-Turn : No More Limit Of 2 Persons Per Table / Car!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Another COVID-19 Case!
- 10 KM Limit Lifted, But No Interstate / Inter-District Travel!
- MCO / CMCO / RMCO : Extended To 4 March 2021!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!