Korea Tourism Organisation Malaysia just announced the closure of Korea Plaza in Menara Hap Seng 2 after a positive COVID-19 case there.
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
KTO Malaysia : Korea Plaza Closed For 3 Days
On 6 January 2021, KTO (Korea Tourism Organisation) Malaysia announced the closure of Korea Plaza in Menara Hap Seng 2 after a positive COVID-19 case there.
They did not reveal any details of the affected person, so we don’t know if it was a KTO Malaysia employee at Korea Plaza, or another person in Menara Hap Seng 2.
They only stated that Korea Plaza will be closed from Wednesday, 6 January 2021 until Friday, 8 January 2021.
Korea Plaza will resume normal operations next week, on Monday, 11 January 2021.
Korea Plaza Closure Over COVID-19 Case : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by KTO Malaysia on the closure of Korea Plaza over the COVID-19 case at Menara Hap Seng 2.
Kindly be informed that Korea Plaza will be closed from 6-8 January 2021 (Wednesday till Friday) due to a positive case report in Menara Hap Seng building.
Korea Plaza will resume regular business hours on 11 January 2021 (Monday).
So, for those who want to redeem calendar and take the previous semester’s certificate (regular Korean Language Class only), might do so starting next week. Sorry for any convenience.
Be careful and stay safe everyone!
Korea Plaza / Menara Hap Seng 2 COVID-19 Exposure : What’s The Risk?
Without any information on the affected person, or his/her role or job scope in Menara Hap Seng 2, it is impossible to determine the risk to people who went to Korea Plaza or Menara Hap Seng 2.
In fact, they didn’t even reveal when this person was at Korea Plaza or Menara Hap Seng 2.
They would, no doubt, be conducting contact tracing, and anyone determined to be a close contact will be asked to self-quarantine, and get tested.
In any case, the risk is minimised by common sense measures we can all take while we are out in public :
- Wear a face mask in public at all times, as it greatly reduces the risk of infection.
- Maintain physical distance of 1-2 metres from other people.
- Maintain good hand hygiene by cleaning with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the building of any infectious particles, albeit temporarily.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- BIG @ IPC : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Tesco Ampang : 5 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- 509 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 5 January 2021
- BIG The Linc : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- IKEA Damansara Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Cases!
- 24 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- JM Bariani House Wangsa Walk : Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Cameron Highlands Businesses Closed Over COVID-19 Cases
- Chulia Street Pubs + Cafes Closed After New Year Eve Parties!
- Jaya Grocer KL East Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- 2021 School Term + Holiday Calendars Confirmed!
- Village Grocer Sunsuria : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Island Medical City Site Shut Down After COVID-19 Cases!
- Death of Tiffany Dover From Pfizer COVID Vaccine Debunked!
- Malaysia Extends RMCO / PKPP To 31 March 2021!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- CMCO / PKPB Extended To 14 January For 6 States / Areas!
- What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lies : Doctor Infected!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- The Penang Ferry Lives On… A While Longer!
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer Vaccination?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!