The Malaysian government just announced a CMCO lockdown of Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan that will start on 7 October 2020! Here is what you need to know!
Kota Kinabalu, Penampang, Putatan To Lock Down On 7 Oct!
Even though Lahad Datu, Tawau, Kunak and Semporna are already under Administrative EMCO, the number of COVID-19 cases continue to rack up.
With new cases hitting a new high of 432 cases today, and 130 of them in Sabah, it was inevitable that more areas would be locked down.
This afternoon, the Malaysian government announced that they will impose a Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) on Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan in Sabah.
Beginning at 12:01 AM on 7 October 2020, the CMCO will impose these more restrictive conditions on Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Putatan :
- All movement to and from the three areas is banned, except for essential services (including factories and related supply chains that will be listed by MITI)
- Businesses must be closed, except for those providing essential services
- Residents are not allowed to leave their areas for work, except with prior police permission (for essential services)
- Only two persons from each household is allowed to leave their home to get food and daily necessities.
- Eateries are only allowed to operate from 6 AM to 6 PM. Only drive-in, delivery and takeaway of food purchases are allowed.
- Food delivery riders are only permitted from 6 AM until 8 PM.
- Essential retailers (groceries, pharmacies and drug stores) and petrol stations are only allowed to operate from 6 AM to 6 PM.
- Public and private clinics and hospitals are allowed to operate 24 hours a day.
- Daily markets are only allowed to open from 6 AM to 2 PM.
- Night markets, tamu, wholesale markets and farmers’ markets are prohibited.
- All sports, recreational, social and cultural activities are prohibited.
- Places of worship, childcare centres, kindergartens, schools, tahfiz centres, centres of higher education, and vocational training institutes are prohibited
- Buses are not allowed to operate.
- Taxis and e-hailing vehicles are allowed to operate, but with a maximum of two passengers, from 6 AM until 8 PM.
This CMCO does not have an end-date, and could last longer than the two-week lock down of Lahad Datu, Tawau, Kunak and Semporna.
In addition, the Malaysian government announced that no one would be permitted to enter Sabah, except for :
- Sabah state immigration pass holders for residents from Peninsular Malaysia, Sarawak and Labuan
- spouses of those providing essential services in Sabah
- those who received special permission from the Sabah state government
Those who need to seek clarification can do so with the Sabah state disaster operations room at 088-369-434.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 1 Utama : Mac City Staff Infected With COVID-19!
- Paradigm Mall : Brands Outlet Staff Infected With COVID-19!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Disgusting Bread Factory @ Taman Gembira Shut Down!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- NU Sentral Deep Cleaned After COVID-19 Infection!
- Sunway Pyramid Addresses Nike COVID-19 Case!
- IMR Finds D614G Mutation In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- CIMB Kota Damansara : NOT Closed Because Of COVID-19
- UOB Kepong Shut Down After Staff Contracts COVID-19
- A Driver’s Lucky Escape From A Falling Concrete Slab!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Did Canada Just Release Meng Wanzhou, HUAWEI CFO?
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Kashi Mining Company Scam Exposed!
- Why LPG Gas Tanks Have Different Pressures
- Why Morgue Employees Won’t Get Cremated By Mistake
- Fact Check : Is Petronas Cheating At The Pumps Again?
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Dr. Fauci Did Not Write COVID-19 Essay, How Dare You?
- Don’t Fall For The SPRM Scam Call About Company Taxes!
- Enjoy Your 1GB FREE Internet 24/7 Until 31 Dec 2020!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- Boyu Shi : Was He Racially Profiled + Arrested By Toronto PD?
- Illegal Chicken Processing Facility In Cheras Shut Down!
- Yamarico Tea Noodle Factory : Disgusting Conditions Exposed!
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Disgusting Yong Tau Foo Factory Shut Down!
- Limkokwing : The King of Africa Apparently Has A Queen!
- Do NOT Use Dexamethasone As COVID-19 Prophylaxis!
- Chong Brother Bean : Disgusting Tofu Factory Exposed!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!