KPJ Penang Specialist Hospital today announced that a patient and eight frontliners tested positive for COVID-19!
KPJ Penang : Patient + 8 Frontliners Positive For COVID-19
On 3 November 2020, KPJ Penang Specialist Hospital announced that an inpatient tested positive for COVID-19 on 31 October 2020, and was transferred to a public hospital for treatment.
They also announced that eight (8) of their frontliners also tested positive for COVID-19, as of 3 November 2020.
However, KPJ Penang will continue to operate as normal, while they perform contact tracing and a thorough disinfection and sanitising of all affected areas.
They will also offer PCR tests to their inpatients, and all of their staff members will be tested for COVID-19.
KPJ Penang : Statement On COVID-19 Case
Here is the official announcement by KPJ Penang on their COVID-19 cases :
KPJ Penang COVID Exposure : Should You Be Concerned?
KPJ Penang stated that they are conducting contact tracing, and will inform patients and visitors who came into contact with the patient or their affected frontliners.
If you are identified as a close contact, you will be asked to get tested, and undergo self-quarantine.
This infection reinforces the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Seremban CMCO / PKPB Starts On 5 November 2020!
- 7 Eleven @ M City Ampang : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Royal Selangor Golf Club : 5th Case, Members Please Get Tested!
- Are There 50 COVID-19 Cases In Tesco Mutiara Damansara?
- FamilyMart KLIA2 : Reopens After COVID-19 Exposure!
- MBSB Bank Johor Bahru : Reopens After COVID-19 Cases!
- TGI Fridays Queensbay : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- MBSJ HQ Closed After Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Machines Northpoint Closed After Employee Tests Positive!
- Nilai : CMCO / PKPB Lockdown Starts 28 October 2020!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB Extended 2 Weeks!
- Sea Park Wet Market : COVID-19 Testing On 28 October 2020!
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Transit Officer On MRT Kajang Line Positive For COVID-19
- Baskin-Robbins 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Baker’s Cottage Desa Pandan : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Closed After 7 New COVID Cases!
- Sea Park Wet Market : COVID-19 Exposure Alert!
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!