Malaysia will open Langkawi to international tourists who will NOT need to undergo quarantine!
Here is what you need to know about its SOP and rules!
Langkawi International Tourism Bubble : Starts 15 November!
On 22 October 2021, the Prime Minister of Malaysia announced the approval of the Langkawi international tourism bubble!
Starting 15 November 2021, foreign tourists will be allowed to travel to Langkawi for leisure without quarantine!
Langkawi International Tourism Bubble : SOP + Rules
Foreign tourists who wish to take opportunity of this Langkawi International Tourism Bubble will need to comply with these SOP and rules.
Who Can Travel To Langkawi?
The Langkawi International Tourism Bubble will target these foreign tourists :
- high yield tourists
- fully-vaccinated individuals
- children below 18 years old who are travelling with their fully-vaccinated parents or guardians
- from a selected list of countries approved by the Immigration Department, Health Ministry and Foreign Ministry
When Will It Start?
The Langkawi International Tourism Bubble will begin on 15 November 2021, and last for 3 months.
KKM and MKN will monitor the effectiveness of this pilot program before expanding it to other resort islands and tourist destinations.
- Must stay in Langkawi for a minimum of 3 days
- Will not be required to quarantine
- Must undergo a RT-PCR test for COVID-19 within 72 hours before departure
- Must show negative RT-PCR test in digital or printed form
- Must purchase insurance coverage of a minimum of US$80,000
- Must use the services of a MOTAC licensed tour operator
- Must fill and sign a Health Declaration Form LoU and Indemnity
- Must install the MySejahtera app, and register an account before departure
- On arrival at KLIA, must undergo Rapid Molecular Testing (1.5 hours)
- If flying to Langkawi, must undergo RT-PCR test for COVID-19 on Day 2
- If positive for COVID-19, the tourist will be brought directly to a quarantine or isolation centre or hospital, depending on the Category
- Must have a tour guide for every travel group (maximum of 20 people).
- If only staying in Langkawi for 3 days, screening test on Day 2 will suffice (can be used for return trip)
- If staying in Langkawi for more than 5 days, must undergo a screening test on Day 5 as well.
- All costs must be borne by the tourists
- Must undergo RT-PCR test for COVID-19 within 72 hours before departure.
- If only stayed in Langkawi for 3 days, screening test on Day 2 can be used for the departure instead
- PPN Phase + SOP Changes On 22 October 2021!
- Scam Alert : Petronas 50th Anniversary Survey!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 4 SOP : 18 October Edition!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 3 SOP : 18 October Edition!
- Did Dr Vincent Wang Die From Pfizer Booster Dose?
- How To Get PDF Of Vaccine Certificate In MySejahtera?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!