Was a Lazada delivery guy caught on CCTV licking and spitting on a parcel before delivering it?
Find out what happened, look at the CCTV screenshots, and decide for yourself!
Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
Netizens are sharing pictures of a Lazada delivery guy who appears to be licking and then spitting on a parcel before delivering it, with these messages :
Was The Lazada Delivery Guy Licking The Parcel? What We Know So Far…
The pictures are genuine, and appear to be taken from a CCTV feed by the house owner. However, the Lazada delivery man caught in the images are disputing the claim.
Here is what we know so far…
Fact #1 : The Incident Happened In Manila On 3 December 2020
Based on our investigations, the incident happened outside a home in Ayala Alabang in Metro Manila, at around 5:30 PM on 3 December 2020.
Fact #2 : The Lazada Delivery Man Denied Licking Or Spitting On The Parcel
The Lazada delivery man, Justine Rainer Israel of Pasay City, publicly denied licking or spitting on the parcel.
He accused the OP (Original Poster) of discrimination, saying that rich people like them look down on poor people like him.
Here is the rough English translation, please correct us if we are wrong :
Fact #3 : Netizens Dispute His Claim
After the Lazada delivery man protested his innocence, other netizens pointed out that :
- he was wrong to remove his face mask and place the package against his face and mouth
- the Lazada delivery team was only there for less than 6 minutes
- he was seen in the CCTV footage swinging the package and hitting it against his leg
Lazada Delivery Guy Licking Package : Should You Be Worried?
We do not think that delivery people are in the habit of licking or spitting on the parcels they deliver. But it is really unsanitary even if they merely place it against their unmasked face.
That said, the risk of catching COVID-19 from packages is practically nil.
Even though it has been considered a possible mode of transmission, there has been no record of anyone getting infected by COVID-19 through fomites – contaminated objects like that package.
Nevertheless, it is a good idea to wipe down any parcel or package you receive. Even more importantly, you should always maintain good hand hygiene by washing your hands with soap, or using a hand sanitiser.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- PDRM + JPJ Extends 80% Traffic Offence Discount!
- Fact Check : Can Chlorine Dioxide Cure COVID-19?
- How To Get FREE Sinovac Booster Dose From Selvax!
- How To Get 80% Traffic Offence Discount From PDRM!
- How To Clear MySejahtera App Cache To Fix Problems!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!