A claim is circulating that Dr. Li Wenliang, the Chinese whistleblower hero, proposed using tea to cure COVID-19, and the Chinese have been using it to cure patients in Wuhan.
Let’s take a look at the claim, and see if it’s true that tea can cure COVID-19!
Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
Here is the message being circulated on WhatsApp, claiming that Dr. Li Wenliang discovered that tea could cure COVID-19.
Breaking News from CNN :-
Dr. Li Wenliang, China’s hero doctor who was punished for telling the truth about Corona Virus and later died due to the same disease, had documented casefiles for research purposes and had in the casefiles proposed a cure that would significantly decrease the impact of the COVID – 19 Virus on the human body.
The chemical Methylxanthine, Theobromine and Theophylline stimulate compounds that can ward off these virus in a human with atleast an average immune system.
Whats more shocking is that these complex words that were so difficult for people in China to understand is actually called Tea in India, YES, our regular Tea has all these chemicals already in it.
The main Methylxanthine in tea is the stimulant caffeine. Other Methylxanthines found in tea are two chemically similar compounds, Theobromine and Theophylline. The tea plant creates these chemicals as a way to ward off insects and other animals.
Who would have known that all the solution to these virus would be a simple cup of TEA. and that is the reason so many patients in China are being cured.
The hospital staff in china has started serving tea to the patients 3 times a day, And the effect is finally in Wuhan “The centre of this Pandemic” has been contained and community transmission has almost stopped.
Please Share this message to your friends and family to make them aware about this blessing in the form of TEA in your kitchen.
No, Dr. Li Wenliang Did NOT Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure
Sadly, this is yet another Internet hoax. Dr. Li Wenliang did not document any case files for research purposes, or proposed any cure for COVID-19.
Neither are the Chinese using tea to cure COVID-19 patients in Wuhan. Here’s how we know that…
There Is No Such CNN News Report
A quick check of the CNN website and Google reveals that there is no such CNN news report, claiming that Dr. Li Wenliang proposed tea as a cure, or the the Chinese were using tea to cure COVID-19 patients in Wuhan.
Dr. Li Wenliang Was An Ophthalmologist
Dr. Li Wenliang, who was one of several whistleblowing doctors raising alarm about the new virus, was an ophthalmologist.
As such, he would have treated eye conditions like cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and the like. Not viruses like COVID-19.
His tale in this COVID-19 tragedy was raising the alarm first set off by ER doctor, Dr. Ai Fen, who shared a patient’s report with her former classmates and colleagues.
Methylxanthines Are Found In Chocolate, Coffee & Tea
Methylxanthines (or methylated xanthines) are a group of chemicals which include caffeine, theophylline, and theobromine. They are found not only in tea, but also chocolate and coffee.
Theophylline is predominant in tea, while theobromine is abundant in chocolate, and caffeine is the main methylxanthine in coffee.
If methylxanthines are really the “cure” for COVID-19, why didn’t the writer suggest eating chocolate and drinking both coffee and tea for maximum effect?
Tea Cannot Cure / Prevent COVID-19
The Chinese drink a prodigious amount of tea, consuming almost 18 billion US dollars worth in 2017.
If tea can cure or prevent COVID-19, they would literally be immune to COVID-19.
Yet, China currently has the most COVID-19 cases in the world, as of 24 March 2020 – over 18 thousand infected, with over 3,200 deaths.
There Is Currently No Cure For COVID-19
As of 24 March 2020, there is no known cure or treatment for COVID-19.
To make it clear to everyone, the US FDA issued a statement on 19 March, reiterating once again that “there are no FDA-approved therapeutics or drugs to treat, cure or prevent COVID-19.”
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 1624 Cases, 106 New, 1 More Dead
- COVID-19 : Chloroquine Poisoning Kills One, Injures Others
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 1518 Cases, 212 New, 4 More Dead!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 1306 Cases, 123 New, 2 More Dead!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : HTF Doctor Dies From COVID-19
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- What Happens When A Suspected COVID-19 Case Lies!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : Five COVID-19 Deaths Today!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test : Genuine But NOT Approved Yet!
- 3rd COVID-19 Death In Malaysia : Another Tabligh Participant
- What Happens When A COVID-19 Close Contact Lies!
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Donald Trump Fainted From Coronavirus Hoax Debunked!
- Tabligh Participant Shamed Into Getting Tested For COVID-19!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Fake?
- COVID-19 Fake News : UNHCR Refugees Refusing Tests!
- MBPJ : Food Outlets Open With Conditions During Lockdown!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Lockdown : Frequently Asked Questions!
- Malaysia NATIONWIDE COVID-19 Restrictions : Full Details!
- COVID-19 : This Tabligh Participant Refused To Be Tested?
- COVID-19 : Almost 5000 Tabligh Participants Tested!
- COVID-19 : National Instruments Penang Quarantine + Cleaning!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- COVID-19 : UOB Penang Case From Tabligh Gathering!
- Braun + Infineon : Suspected COVID-19 Cases Quarantined!
- Free Drive-Through COVID-19 Testing Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 : Agilent Penang Shuts Down As Well!
- COVID-19 : India Suspends Travel Visas Until 15 April 2020!
- COVID-19 : Malaysia MOH Looks For Ijtimak Tabligh Attendees
- COVID-19 : Keysight Penang Temporary Closure Clarified!
- COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- American Origin Of H1N1 Pandemic Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 : Motorola Penang Evacuation Clarified!
- Private COVID-19 Tests In Malaysia : Here Are The Details!
- COVID-19 : Motorola Penang Evacuation Clarified!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 1796 Cases, 172 New, 4 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 2031 Cases, 235 New, 4 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 2320 Cases, 159 New, 1 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: MAEPS Converted Into 500-Bed COVID-19 Hospital | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 2470 Cases, 150 New, 7 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 600-Bed MAEPS COVID-19 Hospital : An Inside Look! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Did This Malaysian Student Die From COVID-19 In London? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 2908 Cases, 142 New, 2 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 3333 Cases, 217 New, 3 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 138 Healthcare Workers Infected | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 3483 Cases, 150 New, 4 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Thai King Death From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6535 Cases, 4864 Healed, 107 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6779 Cases, 5281 Healed, 111 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6819 Cases, 5351 Healed, 112 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6872 Cases, 5512 Healed, 113 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6978 Cases, 5646 Healed, 114 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7137 Cases, 5859 Healed, 115 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7970 Cases, 6531 Healed, 115 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Limkokwing King of Africa Billboard: Should It Be Taken Down? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: RMCO Update : Gyms, Yoga, Snooker, Etc. To Reopen! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8402 Cases, 7168 Recovered, 119 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Limkokwing Billboard Down But It Opened A Can Of Worms... | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8529 Cases, 8000 Recovered, 121 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Limkokwing University Hit By Teaching Permit Accusation! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8637 Cases, 8334 Recovered, 121 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Leak : Malaysian Schools Reopening In Full In July 2020! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Old Robber Targeting Motorists In Penang : No Such Thing! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: myBurgerLab : A Cyberbully Who Weaponised Social Media? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: You Can Now Use Wheeled Cabin Luggage On AirAsia! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Another Boy Killed In Pakistan Making TikTok Video! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Why Would Donald Trump Attack Top Glove On Twitter? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Limited Malaysia-Singapore Travel Allowed From 10 August! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Enjoy Your 1GB FREE Internet 24/7 Until 31 Dec 2020! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Malaysian Karen Threatens IKEA Boycott Over LGBT Bag! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Did Canada Just Release Meng Wanzhou, HUAWEI CFO? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Malaysia RMCO Liberalisation : What Is Allowed / Not Allowed? | Rojak Pot