After the public outrage over Limkokwing University’s King of Africa billboard, the university announced that they removed it days ago.
However, the incident has apparently triggered an outpouring of revelations from former students and employees of Limkokwing University.
Limkokwing King of Africa Billboard Taken Down
After public condemnation of their King of Africa billboard, Limkokwing University quickly removed it. In their Facebook post on 10 June 2020, they claimed that it was taken down on 5 June 2020.
In a BFM interview with the Limkokwing University Manager of the Arts Department, Lum Weng Wah, he claimed it was his birthday gift to the university founder.
At that time, it started as a 6-feet poster. But it was expanded into a banner that was put up on or before 23 January 2020, according to a video posted by Malaz El, and left up until 5 June 2020.
Do check out the BFM interview, and listen to a friend of ours – Emmanuel Olalere, who shared with me several times how he was a victim of racism right here in friendly Malaysia. 🙁
Rebuttal By Naima Ablaal
After listening to the BFM interview, Naima Ablaal, a former Limkokwing employee, posted this video rebuttal:
I just listened this interview @BFMradio and @malazdotcom said it alot but this is quick facts that i know if you listen the interview.@limkokwing you should be shamed Mr Lum do interview for something he had no idea the backlash bcuz i know you approved that billboard🤷🏽♀️ https://t.co/SK7aIqAZ8B pic.twitter.com/1sVBexLe1P
— Naima Ablaal (@Naima_Ablaal) June 12, 2020
For some context, she was apparently fired after speaking up against racism in this chat :
The Limkokwing Billboard Opened A Can Of Worms
Despite its removal, the Limkokwing King of Africa billboard had already triggered claims of racism by former students and employees of Limkokwing University.
Malaz EL, a former employee of Limkokwing University, shared some stories :
Here are a selection of messages sent to Malaz EL, who was a former employee of Limkokwing University.
- Limkokwing King of Africa Billboard: Should It Be Taken Down?
- Malaysia RMCO Liberalisation : What Is Allowed / Not Allowed?
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : Two Areas In Banting Locked Down!
- KL Motorcycle Road Bullies With Fake Plates?
- 99 Speedmart COVID-19 Sudden Death Hoax Debunked!
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- Pos Malaysia : No Bonus Scam Exposed!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
- CMCO in Malaysia Extended To 9 June + No Raya Travel!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : PJ Old Town Locked Down!
- Fact Check : CARES Act Is Proof Of COVID-19 Plandemic?
- Fact Check : Chinese Man Attacked Over COVID-19 Racism!
- Bank Negara Hire Purchase Loan Deferment : What Changed?
- Fact Check : UNHCR Driving Licence For Malaysia
- Fact Check : SGH Bills $192,068 For COVID-19 Treatment 😱
- How To Get + Pay Your TNB Bill During COVID-19 MCO
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!