The 1 Utama Shopping Centre just issued an update on Mac City after one of their staff was infected with COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and what measures they took to mitigate risks to the public and other workers at 1 Utama!
1 Utama : Mac City COVID-19 Update
On 7 October 2020, 1 Utama Shopping Centre issued an update on the Mac City COVID-19 case :
- Mac City tested all 13 co-workers of their affected employee at their Service Centre, and their test results came back NEGATIVE.
- Even though their retail sales outlet is separate from the service centre, they sent all of their employees there for COVID-19 tests, and they too came back NEGATIVE.
- the Mac City Service Centre has been safely disinfected and sanitised since 4 October, but will remain closed until further notice.
Do note that the Mac City retail sales store in 1 Utama remains open as usual.
1 Utama : Mac City Staff Infected With COVID-19!
On 5 October 2020, 1 Utama confirmed that a Mac City staff member tested positive for COVID-19.
However, they stated that this infected Mac City staff member has not returned to the mall since he last clocked out at the end of the day on 30 September 2020.
We would like to point out that this Mac City staff member was NOT employed at the Mac City retail store (above), but worked at their separate Service Centre nearby (below).
How 1 Utama Handled Mac City COVID-19 Infection
In compliance with MOH guidelines, the 1 Utama Shopping Centre immediately performed these mitigation measures :
- Immediate closure and deep cleaning of the Mac City Service Centre. All co-workers of the affected staff member have already been placed under strict quarantine.
- Thorough sanitisation of the entire 1 Utama mall including AHU (Air Handling Unit) rooms, public areas, amenities, lifts, escalators, toilets, baby rooms, back of house facilities and all other heavy touch points. They used environmentally-friendly, hospital-grade sanitisers and disinfectants that can kill 99.9% of bacteria and airborne viruses “in a fraction of a second”.
- Contact tracing of CCTV and QR check-ins of the affected staff.
1 Utama Mac City Infection : Importance Of Contact Tracing
These shopping mall infections reinforces the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Sime Darby HQ Shut Down Because Of COVID-19
- SMK Taman Sea : Teacher Tested Positive For COVID-19?
- Tung Shin Hospital : 5 Patients Test Positive For COVID-19
- Man With COVID-19 Bracelet Caught In Mahkota Parade?
- Kota Kinabalu, Penampang, Putatan To Lock Down On 7 Oct!
- Paradigm Mall : Brands Outlet Staff Infected With COVID-19!
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Disgusting Bread Factory @ Taman Gembira Shut Down!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- NU Sentral Deep Cleaned After COVID-19 Infection!
- Sunway Pyramid Addresses Nike COVID-19 Case!
- IMR Finds D614G Mutation In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- A Driver’s Lucky Escape From A Falling Concrete Slab!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- The Shanghai Disneyland Robot Dancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Kashi Mining Company Scam Exposed!
- Why LPG Gas Tanks Have Different Pressures
- Why Morgue Employees Won’t Get Cremated By Mistake
- Fact Check : Is Petronas Cheating At The Pumps Again?
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Dr. Fauci Did Not Write COVID-19 Essay, How Dare You?
- Don’t Fall For The SPRM Scam Call About Company Taxes!
- Enjoy Your 1GB FREE Internet 24/7 Until 31 Dec 2020!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Do NOT Use Dexamethasone As COVID-19 Prophylaxis!
- Chong Brother Bean : Disgusting Tofu Factory Exposed!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!