Machines just shut down their Northpoint Service Centre after an employee tested positive for COVID-19.
Find out what happened, and if you need to be concerned about this new development!
Machines Northpoint : One Employee Positive For COVID-19
On 26 October 2020, Machines announced that an employee at their Northpoint service centre tested positive for COVID-19.
She last worked at the Mid Valley outlet on 16 October 2020, and was summoned by the Malaysia Ministry of Health for testing, after being identified as a close contact of a COVID-19 positive case.
She went for the test on 23 October 2020, and it came back positive today, 26 October 2020.
Machines immediately close their Northpoint service centre outlet for disinfection and cleaning, and it will remain closed until further notice.
They are now working with the Ministry of Health (MOH) to identify close contacts for COVID-19 testing and quarantine.
This is the second COVID-19 incident involving Machines. On 12 October, they shut down the Machines Mid Valley retail outlet, after an employee there tested positive.
Machines Northpoint : Official Statement On COVID-19 Case
Here is the official Machines announcement on the COVID-19 positive case at their Northpoint service centre :
Machines Northpoint COVID-19 Case : Should You Be Concerned?
As per MOH guidelines, they will be performing contact tracing, and contacting those who came in close contact with the affected employees.
If you happened to be in close contact with the employee, you will be contacted and asked to undergo a screening test.
This reinforces the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use the MySejahtera mobile app, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using the MySejahtera mobile app also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus is easily destroyed by soap, so the deep cleaning operation will definitely clean the outlet of any infectious particles.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Nilai : CMCO / PKPB Lockdown Starts 28 October 2020!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB Extended 2 Weeks!
- Sea Park Wet Market : COVID-19 Testing On 28 October 2020!
- Dr Noor Hisham Was NOT Asked To Fake COVID-19 Cases!
- Transit Officer On MRT Kajang Line Positive For COVID-19
- Baskin-Robbins 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- FamilyMart KLIA2 : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Baker’s Cottage Desa Pandan : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Many Shops In Johor Bahru Closed Because Of COVID?
- Tesco Mutiara Damansara : Closed After 7 New COVID Cases!
- ANGKASA : All Offices Closed After Two COVID-19 Cases
- No, Malaysia Airlines Is NOT Being Liquidated!
- SOGO Shah Alam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Oriental Melaka Straits Medical Centre : One COVID-19 Case
- Petsmore SS2 + 1 Utama : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- CMCO Roadblocks At Three PJ Highway Tolls!
- Ann Joo Steel Factory Explodes, Fortunately No Fatalities
- Fact Check : Car Seating SOP For CMCO / PKPB Lockdown?
- CMCO / PKPB SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya
- Jaya Grocer KLIA2 : 3rd Outlet Closed After COVID-19 Cases!
- 50 Employees At PROTON Shah Alam Positive For COVID-19!
- Rotiboy Reopens Nationwide After Positive COVID-19 Case!
- Maybank TTDI Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- SMK Simpang Bekoh : Closed 7 Days After COVID-19 Case
- What CMCO? Public Parks In KL Reopen Today!
- Gym, Football, Futsal, Badminton OK During CMCO / PKPB
- RM1K Fine For Sitting Next To Driver During CMCO / PKPB?
- Official MKN SOP for KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO / PKPB!
- Sabah CMCO / PKPB : The Official MKN SOP!
- KL, Selangor, Putrajaya CMCO : Cross-State Travel SOP
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!