The Malaysia Ministry of Health converted MAEPS into a temporary COVID-19 hospital in just three days, to prepare for the anticipated third wave of cases.
Take a look inside the newly-converted 600-bed MAEPS COVID-19 hospital!
MAEPS Converted Into 600-Bed COVID-19 Hospital
On 28 March 2020, the Director General of Health Datuk Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah confirmed that MAEPS was being converted into a temporary COVID-19 hospital.
The conversion, which lasted 3 days, was part of their preparation for the anticipated third wave of cases in April.
The newly-completed 600-bed MAEPS COVID-19 hospital will be use to treat and quarantine low-risk (asymptomatic and mildly symptomatic) COVID-19 patients.
“Let us prepare for the worst and hope for the best. It’s better to over-prepared than under-prepared, so we will use this as a model for how to utilise an indoor stadium in case we need it.
“The reason is, now we are seeing 150 to 200 cases a day. But if the surge is 1,000 cases per day, then we need to look for beds.”
MAEPS or Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang is a large exhibition venue located on 130 hectares of land belonging to MARDI, the Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute.
MAEPS COVID-19 Hospital Tour
On 30 March 2020, the Malaysian Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin visited the newly-completed MAEPS COVID-19 hospital.
And here are some earlier photos showing the MAEPS COVID-19 hospital being set-up :here is a great look at the layout of this temporary COVID-19 hospital being set up in MAEPS.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- COVID-19 : Menara City One Under Enhanced MCO!
- 6-Month Loan Moratorium : Why You Should TAKE It!
- COVID-19 : Hulu Langat Area Under Enhanced MCO!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- MAEPS Converted Into 500-Bed COVID-19 Hospital
- COVID-19 : Simpang Renggam Under Enhanced MCO!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- BNM Hire Purchase Loan Deferment : Nothing To Lose!
- BNM Credit Card Term Loan Conversion : Worth It?
- BNM Loan Moratorium / Deferment : Should You Accept It?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- COVID-19 : Chloroquine Poisoning Kills One, Injures Others
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 1518 Cases, 212 New, 4 More Dead!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 1306 Cases, 123 New, 2 More Dead!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : HTF Doctor Dies From COVID-19
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- What Happens When A Suspected COVID-19 Case Lies!
- A Dark Day For Malaysia : Five COVID-19 Deaths Today!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test : Genuine But NOT Approved Yet!
- 3rd COVID-19 Death In Malaysia : Another Tabligh Participant
- What Happens When A COVID-19 Close Contact Lies!
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Donald Trump Fainted From Coronavirus Hoax Debunked!
- Tabligh Participant Shamed Into Getting Tested For COVID-19!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Fake?
- COVID-19 Fake News : UNHCR Refugees Refusing Tests!
- MBPJ : Food Outlets Open With Conditions During Lockdown!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Lockdown : Frequently Asked Questions!
- Malaysia NATIONWIDE COVID-19 Restrictions : Full Details!
- COVID-19 : This Tabligh Participant Refused To Be Tested?
- COVID-19 : Almost 5000 Tabligh Participants Tested!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 2908 Cases, 142 New, 2 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 3333 Cases, 217 New, 3 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 3483 Cases, 150 New, 4 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Thai King Death From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 3662 Cases, 179 New, 4 More Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6383 Cases, 4567 Healed, 106 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6428 Cases, 4702 Healed, 107 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6589 Cases, 4929 Healed, 108 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : PJ Old Town Locked Down! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: CMCO in Malaysia Extended To 6 June + No Raya Travel! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6742 Cases, 5223 Healed, 109 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6819 Cases, 5351 Healed, 112 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7009 Cases, 5706 Healed, 114 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7245 Cases, 5945 Healed, 115 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7732 Cases, 6235 Healed, 115 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 7877 Cases, 6470 Healed, 115 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : Schools May Soon Reopen! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8266 Cases, 6610 Recovered, 116 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8322 Cases, 6674 Recovered, 117 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Malaysia RMCO Liberalisation : What Is Allowed / Not Allowed? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8303 Cases, 6635 Recovered, 117 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia : 8338 Cases, 7014 Recovered, 118 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Fact Check : Sungai Buloh Hospital Cramped With Patients? | Tech ARP
Pingback: Melaka Hospital Full, COVID-19 Cases Sent To MAEPS! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too... | Rojak Pot