Mahkota Medical Centre just announced that one of their employees tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what happened, and if you should be concerned!
Mahkota Medical Centre : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
On 6 January 2021, Mahkota Medical Centre in Melaka announced that one of their employees tested positive for COVID-19.
Based on their contact tracing, the employee was a close contact of a locally-transmitted case in the community.
Mahkota Medical Centre deep cleaned all affected areas in the hospital, as well as cleaned and sanitised all other areas.
Mahkota Medical Centre COVID-19 Exposure : Official Statement
Here is the official statement by Mahkota Medical Centre on their COVID-19 exposure.
MMC Reports One COVID-19 Case
Melaka, 6 Jan 2021 – An employee of Mahkota Medical Centre (MMC) was tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently being treated at Melaka General Hospital. Based on contact tracing, the employee is a close contact of a locally transmitted case in the community.
MMC immediately carried out contact tracing and informed those who were in close contact with the employee to undergo COVID-19 PCR test and placed under home quarantine order according to the MOH guidelines. All doctors and other employees who were in contact with the affected employee, as well as the affected employee, were dressed in the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times and practised hand hygiene and social distancing while at the hospital. As such, in accordance to MOH guidelines, the doctors and other employees have been assessed to be in the low-risk category. We will continue to work closely with MOH on any further follow-up measures that may be required.
At this time, MMC has completed deep cleaning of all affected areas in the hospital. We have taken all necessary precautionary measures, including cleaning and sanitisation of all other areas within the hospital, as the safety of our patients, visitors, doctors, and employees are of paramount importance to us.
The operations of the hospital continue as usual.
Mahkota Medical Centre COVID-19 Case : What’s The Risk?
All hospitals will screen for potential COVID-19 patients, and have protocols in place to limit exposure of their staff members and other patients.
However, many COVID-19 patients are asymptomatic, and some may even lie about being sick.
Therefore, it is never a good idea to go to a hospital, unless it is absolutely necessary.
They are, no doubt, still tracing the affected employee’s contacts. Those identified as close contacts will be asked to self-quarantine and get tested.
This case reinforces the importance of contact tracing, as well as the MySejahtera mobile app which logs the movements of its users.
While hospitals and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 is easily destroyed by soap, so even a simple cleaning operation will definitely clean the affected areas of any infectious particles, albeit only temporarily.
It is critical that you wear a face mask in public at all times, as they greatly reduce the risk of infection.
You should also maintain good hand hygiene, and physically distance yourself from other people.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : One COVID-19 Case!
- 513 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 6 January 2021
- Korea Plaza : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- BIG @ IPC : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Tesco Ampang : 5 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG The Linc : Closed After COVID-19 Exposure!
- IKEA Damansara Closed Indefinitely After COVID-19 Cases!
- 24 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- JM Bariani House Wangsa Walk : Closed After COVID-19 Case
- Cameron Highlands Businesses Closed Over COVID-19 Cases
- Chulia Street Pubs + Cafes Closed After New Year Eve Parties!
- Jaya Grocer KL East Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- 2021 School Term + Holiday Calendars Confirmed!
- Village Grocer Sunsuria : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Death of Tiffany Dover From Pfizer COVID Vaccine Debunked!
- Malaysia Extends RMCO / PKPP To 31 March 2021!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Don’t Click / Call!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Tesco New Year Scam : Do NOT Click Or Share!
- What Happens When COVID-19 Patient Lies : Doctor Infected!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer Vaccination?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 128465 Cases, 102723 Healed, 521 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Maskless Man Walking At Tesco With White HSO Bracelet! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: NSK Selayang : 80 Employees NOT Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Melaka Hospital Full, COVID-19 Cases Sent To MAEPS! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: 3 Tesco Stores Sanitised After COVID-19 Exposure! | The Rojak Pot