A viral message is claiming that Malaysia is already in the 3rd wave of COVID-19 infections. Find out what it said, and why it’s NOT TRUE!
Claim : Malaysia Is Experiencing 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 Infections!
This viral message is spreading on social media, claiming that Malaysia is officially experiencing the 3rd wave of COVID-19 infections.
Here is the original message in Bahasa Malaysia, and our English translation :
Malaysia Is NOT YET In 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 Infections
While the advice in the viral message is correct, Malaysia is not yet in the 3rd wave of COVID-19 infections. Let’s examine the facts…
Fact #1 : MOH Calls The Viral Message False
The Ministry of Health Malaysia labels the viral message as false.
Although they did not state why, it is probably because they did not ask the government to reinstate the stricter Movement Control Order.
Fact #2 : Malaysia Is Not Yet In A Third Wave Of COVID-19 Infections
Despite the recent increases in new cases, Malaysia is not yet in the third wave of COVID-19 infections.
That said, the Ministry of Health Malaysia has expressed concerns about the recent increases, which could portend a third wave if not addressed immediately.
The Malaysian Director General of Health, Datuk Seri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah, shared the latest predictive model of COVID-19 infections in Malaysia.
It shows how Malaysia could experience a third wave of COVID-19 infections, if people in Malaysia do not continue to follow the SOP.
He pointed out that the number of active cases dropped to just 63 on 9 July, but has since increased to over 100 cases on 19 July.
While this does not mean Malaysia is experiencing a third wave of infections right now, that may be the case if Malaysian residents (both citizens and foreigners alike) do not continue to keep safe by :
- Staying at home or sheltering in place
- Keeping our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keeping our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- Making sure we put on a face mask and remove it properly!
- Washing our food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Fact #3 : Foreign Cases Are A Concern
Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah also pointed out that three of the 13 new COVID-19 clusters that caused local infections originated from imported cases.
- Novgorod PUI Cluster
- Shirala PUI Cluster
- Pitakwa PUI Cluster
A fourth “imported” cluster – the Jupiter cluster – did not cause local infections because they were limited to the docked ship.
To prevent imported cases from creating new local infection clusters, the Malaysian government announced that self-quarantine would no longer be permitted.
Starting 24 July 2020, anyone entering Malaysia from abroad, whether they are citizens of foreigners, must undergo a compulsory 14-day quarantine at official Quarantine Facilities.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Dirty Tempe Factory In Batu Caves Shut Down!
- Phone Hack Fact Check : Argentina Is Doing It?
- Don’t Fall For The SPRM Scam Call About Company Taxes!
- Why Would Donald Trump Attack Top Glove On Twitter?
- Limited Malaysia-Singapore Travel Allowed From 10 August!
- Another Boy Killed In Pakistan Making TikTok Video!
- You Can Now Use Wheeled Cabin Luggage On AirAsia!
- Malaysian Karen Threatens IKEA Boycott Over LGBT Bag!
- Enjoy Your 1GB FREE Internet 24/7 Until 31 Dec 2020!
- Old Robber Targeting Motorists In Penang : No Such Thing!
- Did DAP Build A Chinese Communist Monument In Penang?
- FG Lockdown Funds : Watch Out For This Online Scam!
- Boyu Shi : Was He Racially Profiled + Arrested By Toronto PD?
- Illegal Chicken Processing Facility In Cheras Shut Down!
- Yamarico Tea Noodle Factory : Disgusting Conditions Exposed!
- FREE Thomson Hospital Flu Vaccine : Should You Take It?
- World of Buzz Editorial Policies Exposed By Former Writer!
- Disgusting Yong Tau Foo Factory Shut Down!
- Limkokwing : The King of Africa Apparently Has A Queen!
- Do NOT Use Dexamethasone As COVID-19 Prophylaxis!
- Chong Brother Bean : Disgusting Tofu Factory Exposed!
- Robbers Posing As KKM Officers Testing For COVID-19?
- Does Singapore Require You To Wear PPE Suits On Flights?
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Coffee As COVID-19 Cure?
- Limkokwing Billboard Down But It Opened A Can Of Worms…
- Limkokwing King of Africa Billboard: Should It Be Taken Down?
- GrabFood Clarifies Restaurant Availability Controversy!
- Is GrabFood Secretly Limiting Your Choices Based On Profit?
- Watch Out For Fake CIMB Scam Call / SMS!
- How To SAFELY Clean Our Phone + Watch Against COVID-19
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!