Malaysia just approved the COVAXIN inactivated virus vaccine for use against COVID-19!
Here is what you need to know!
Malaysia Approves COVAXIN Inactivated Virus Vaccine!
On 10 February 2022, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) announced that the Drug Control Authority (DCA) has agreed to conditionally approve the COVAXIN vaccine for use against COVID-19!
COVAXIN® (Whole Virion, Inactivated Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) Vaccine) Suspension for Intramuscular Injection
- Registrant : Averroes Pharmaceuticals Sdn. Bhd.
- Manufacturer : Bharat Biotech International Limited, India
The COVAXIN vaccine is now allowed to be given to individuals 18 years and older in Malaysia.
COVAXIN Vaccine : A Quick Primer
Codenamed BBV152, the Bharat COVAXIN vaccine is an inactivated virus vaccine, similar to the Sinovac CoronaVac vaccine.
It is manufactured from actual COVID-19 viruses that were grown in Vero cells, and inactivated using beta-propiolactone. It uses an aluminium-based adjuvant called Alhydroxiquim-II to stimulate the immune response.
COVAXIN is a 2-dose vaccine, with each 5 ml dose given intramuscularly. The second dose is given after an interval of 4 weeks.
Its Phase 3 trial showed that it was 78% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, and 93% effective in preventing severe disease. It was also shown to be 65% effective against the Delta variant.
- Did Bob Saget Die From His COVID-19 Booster Dose?
- No More COVID-19 Temperature Check + Manual Logbook!
- Is Malaysia Going To Put 6 States Under MCO Next Week?!
- Malaysia Brakes On Quarantine-Free International Travel!
- Did Prof. Yaakov Jerris Say Vaccine Can’t Prevent Severe COVID-19?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!