Malaysia purchased 6.4 million doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, and is in final negotiations with three other vaccine companies!
Malaysia Buys 6.4 Million AstraZeneca Vaccine Doses!
On 22 December 2020, Malaysia announced the purchase of 6.4 million doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
The purchase was signed earlier on Monday, 21 December 2020, but the deal only announced today.
Because the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine requires two doses per person, the 6.4 million doses are only enough to vaccinate a maximum of 3.2 million people – approximately 10% of the Malaysian population.
Together with 12.8 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, Malaysia now has enough to vaccinate 30% of the population by the end of 2021. The total costs of both purchases are about US$504.4 million.
That is, however, nowhere close enough to create herd immunity, which requires 70%-80% of the population to be vaccinated.
After AstraZeneca Vaccine Deal : Sinovac, Can-Sino, Gamaleya Vaccines
Malaysia plans to vaccinate some 83% of the population. To achieve that goal, the Malaysian government announce that they are in final negotiations with :
- two Chinese companies – Sinovac and Can-Sino Biologics,
- as well as Russian company Gamaleya Institute.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 439 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 22 December 2020
- Karex Pontian : Closed After 28 COVID-19 Cases!
- Singapore First Asian Country To Receive Pfizer Vaccine!
- Two Panasonic Factories Closed After 116 Gets COVID-19!
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Scam Alert : Fake Public Bank SMS Messages!
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- St Francis Xavier Church Melaka Priest Positive For COVID-19!
- MITI : Work From Home Still Apply In CMCO / TEMCO Areas!
- Was A Lazada Delivery Guy Caught Licking A Parcel?
- EkoCheras Mall : One Tower Resident Positive For COVID-19!
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
- KKM : Pfizer Vaccine Not Delayed, But Not Approved Yet
- End Of An Era : Sony To Shut Down Penang Facility!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Malaysia : 6 Million To Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine In 2021!
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Is HKL Preparing For 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases A Day?
- RM399 Laguna Redang Holiday : A Umance Scam?
- Register With MySejahtera / Logbook, Or Get Fined RM1K!
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!