Malaysia has conditionally approved the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, manufactured by SK Bioscience!
Find out this means for the COVID-19 vaccination program in Malaysia!
Malaysia Approves AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine By SK Bioscience!
On 2 April 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by SK Bioscience received conditional approval.
- AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine Solution for Injection
Registrant : None (under COVAX Facility)
Manufacturer : SK Bioscience Co. Ltd., South Korea
This conditional approval would allow the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines manufactured by SK Bioscience to be used in the Malaysia COVID-19 vaccination program.
AstraZeneca Vaccine : Why Second Approval In Malaysia?
Unlike the earlier conditional approval of the AstraZeneca vaccine manufactured in the Netherlands, these AstraZeneca vaccines are manufactured by SK Bioscience in South Korea and provided through the COVAX Facility.
Therefore, there is no Product Registration Holder (PRH) for these SK Bioscience vaccines in Malaysia. The Malaysia Ministry of Health will instead appoint a licensed importer to manage the logistics.
The WHO had earlier issued an Emergency Use Listing (EUL) for this AstraZeneca-SK Biosience vaccine on 15 February 2021.
COVAX (COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access) is a global initiative to provide equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines.
The COVAX Facility is the platform by which this initiative purchases approved COVID-19 vaccines and distributes them to the developing world.
AstraZeneca Vaccine : A Quick Primer!
The AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, codenamed AZD1222, is a viral vector vaccine.
It uses a chimpanzee adenovirus – ChAdOx1 – which has been modified to prevent replication, to introduce a DNA sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.
Once injected, the vaccine enters the cell and “teaches” it to produce the SARS-CoV-2 spike proteins and express them on its surface.
These spike proteins triggers the immune response to create antibodies that will protect you against the real SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- PM : Travel Possible After COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Did Nike Make 666 Pairs Of Satan Shoes With Human Blood?
- MKN : Work From Home Ends For CMCO Areas!
- CMCO + RMCO Extension + Changes Until 14 April 2021!
- Pastor Valdeci’s Holy Milk Scandal Debunked!
- Phase 2 Of COVID-19 Vaccination Will Start On 19 April 2021!
- Register Your Domestic Helper For Free COVID-19 Vaccine!
- No Immigration Op, But Always Carry Passport In Malaysia!
- Concrete Block Fell Off Lorry, Not SUKE Highway!
- LEGOLAND Malaysia : Closed After Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- SJKC Damansara : One Student Positive, Class To Continue
- Pub + Nightclub Fine Quietly Cut To RM5K + RM25K!
- Act 342 COVID Fines : What You Need To Know!
- RM500K “Insurance” Against COVID-19 Vaccine Injury!
- Malaysia Buys 18.9M More Pfizer + Sinovac Vaccine Doses!
- Another SUKE Highway Disaster : Launcher Crane Collapses!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Gerik Policeman Did Not Die From COVID-19 Vaccine! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Employee Used Fake COVID-19 Test To Skip Work! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 355753 Cases, 340242 Discharged, 1308 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 359117 Cases, 342737 Discharged, 1321 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 360856 Cases, 343953 Discharged, 1329 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 367977 Cases, 349039 Discharged, 1363 Dead
Pingback: Police Limits Interstate Travel To Just 3 Situations! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Closed Indefinitely Over COVID-19! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: First Batch Of AstraZeneca Vaccine Arrives In Malaysia! | Rojak Pot