KKM has conditionally approved the CanSino and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines for use in Malaysia!
Find out what this means for the COVID-19 vaccination programme in Malaysia!
Malaysia Approves CanSino + J&J COVID-19 Vaccines!
On 15 June 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) announced that both the CanSino and Johnson & Johnson vaccines against COVID1-9 received conditional approval :
- Convidecia Recombinant Novel Coronavirus Vaccine (Adenovirus Type 5 Vector)
Registrant : Solution Biologics Sdn. Bhd.
Manufacturer : CanSino Biologics Inc, China
- Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine
Registrant : None (under COVAX Facility)
Manufacturer : NA
Interestingly, both of these are single dose vaccines, which should make for easier and faster COVID-19 vaccinations.
CanSino + J&J COVID-19 Vaccines : A Quick Primer
The CanSino Convidecia vaccine works similarly to other viral vector vaccines, like the AstraZeneca AZD1222 and Gamaleya Sputnik V vaccines.
It uses a modified Ad5 virus containing the DNA instructions for the SARS-CoV-2 protein spike, which are then created by your own cells and presented on their surfaces.
These “foreign” protein spikes triggers the body’s immune system, which then makes antigens to target these spikes.
Recommended : CanSino COVID-19 Vaccine : What You Need To Know!
The Johnson & Johnson Janssen COVID-19 vaccine is similar to the CanSino Convidecia vaccine, except it uses a modified Ad26 virus to carry the DNA instructions for the SARS-CoV-2 protein spike.
Once injected, the DNA instructions are used to manufacture the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, which is presented on the cell surface to trigger our immune system.
The antibodies they create will attack the real SARS-CoV-2 virus, which would prevent or mitigate an infection.
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For Children In Malaysia!
- Warning : Viral SPM 2020 Grading Scale Is Misleading!
- PDRM : Who Is Allowed To Pass A Police Roadblock?
- Giant Kota Damansara : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- No Need To Update MySejahtera Daily, Fines Cancelled!
- RM2K Fine For Not Updating MySejahtera Status Every Day?
- SPM + SVM 2021 Examinations Delayed To 2022!
- PdPR (Online Learning) For All Schools Until July 2021!
- CERDIK Initiative Will Only Distribute ⅓ Laptops By June 2021!
- Did Pahang Man Get COVID-19 From Courier Package?
- Malaysia Approves AstraZeneca Vaccine By Siam Bioscience!
- MCO 3.0 Total Lockdown SOP : 3 June 2021 Update!
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For Children In Malaysia! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 678764 Cases, 608465 Discharged, 4202 Dead
Pingback: 50% Discount On PDRM Traffic Offences Starting Today! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 685204 Cases, 615326 Discharged, 4276 Dead
Pingback: Can Strata Residents Directly Receive Deliveries During MCO? | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 696408 Cases, 628185 Discharged, 4408 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 701019 Cases, 633624 Discharged, 4477 Dead