Malaysia has officially approved the CanSino Convidecia vaccine as a booster dose!
Here is what you need to know!
Malaysia Approves CanSino Vaccine Booster Dose!
On 6 January 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) announced that the Drug Control Authority (DCA) has agreed to conditionally approve the CanSino Convidecia vaccine as a booster dose!
- Convidecia Recombinant Novel Coronavirus Vaccine (Adenovirus Type 5 Vector)
Registrant : Solution Biologics Sdn. Bhd.
Manufacturer : CanSino Biologics Inc, China
The CanSino Convidecia booster dose is now allowed to be given to individuals 18 years and older, after 3 to 6 months from getting the single-dose vaccine.
CanSino Convidecia Booster Dose : A Quick Primer
It uses a modified Ad5 virus containing the DNA instructions for the SARS-CoV-2 protein spike, which are then created by your own cells and presented on their surfaces.
These “foreign” protein spikes triggers the body’s immune system, which then makes antigens to target these spikes.
The Convidecia is a single-dose vaccine, so its booster dose is its “second” dose. It works by triggering the immune system a second time, greatly boosting the amount of antibodies.
Recommended : CanSino COVID-19 Vaccine : What You Need To Know!
- Why You Should NOT Look At Vaccine Vial Expiry Date!
- How To Clear App Cache If MySejahtera Is Not Working!
- Scam Alert : TnG eWallet 5th Anniversary Survey!
- Can LHDN Access Your Bank Accounts Using Section 106A?
- Can The Govt Use MySJ Trace To Track Your Location?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!