Malaysia just purchased 18.4 million doses of the CoronaVac and Sputnik V vaccines against COVID-19!
Find out what this means for the COVID-19 vaccination programme in Malaysia!
Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
On 26 January 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) signed terms sheets for the purchase of the CoronaVac and Sputnik V vaccines.
Unlike the direct purchase deal with Pfizer, KKM will be obtaining the CoronaVac and Sputnik V vaccines through two intermediary companies :
- CoronaVac : Pharmaniaga Lifescience Sdn. Bhd.
- Sputnik V : Duopharma (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Pharmaniaga is expected to supply 12 million doses of the CoronaVac vaccine in stages, beginning in April 2021. This should cover up to 6 million people (18.75% of adult population).
Duopharma is expected to supply 6.4 million doses of the Sputnik V vaccine in stages, beginning in March 2021. This should cover up to 3.2 million people (10% of adult population).
Together with 25 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine, Malaysia will have enough to vaccinate about 21.7 million people, or ⅔ of the adult population.
CoronaVac COVID-19 Vaccine : A Quick Primer
Developed by Sinovac, CoronaVac is an inactivated virus vaccine – an older method of creating vaccines.
The SARS-CoV-2 viruses are cultured (grown) in Vero cells, and inactivated (killed) before being administered as a vaccine.
The CoronaVac vaccine only needs to be refrigerated at 2–8 °C (36–46 °F), which makes it easy to distribute.
This is a 2-dose vaccine, which the second dose delivered 14 days after the first.
Sputnik V COVID-19 Vaccine : A Quick Primer
Sputnik V (also known as Gam-COVID-Vac) was developed by the Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology in Russia.
It is a two-dose vaccine that uses two human adenoviruses (Ad26 and Ad5) to deliver the gene that encodes the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.
The first dose uses the Ad26 adenovirus, followed 21 days later by the second dose which uses the Ad5 adenovirus to boost the immune response.
This vaccine must be kept frozen at −18 °C (0 °F), with a special freeze-dried formulation (Gam-COVID-Vac-Lyo) for storage at 2–8 °C (36–46 °F).
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Jaya Grocer Empire Subang : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Poh Huat Factories Closed With 543 COVID-19 Cases!
- 700 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 26 January 2021
- ISETAN KLCC : Two More Cases Of COVID-19!
- Equatorial Penang Will Close Down In March 2021
- IKEA Cheras : Multiple Guards Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer Citta Mall Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ The Linc : Another Case Of COVID-19!
- Eateries + Restaurants In MCO Areas Can Open Till 10 PM!
- Malaysia : Existing MCO / PKP Extended To 4 February 2021!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Two More COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer Southkey : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer Damansara Perdana : One COVID-19 Case!
- BIG @ Publika : Fifth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ Plaza Batai : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- All Of Malaysia, Except Sarawak, Will Be Under MCO / PKP!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Death of Tiffany Dover From Pfizer COVID Vaccine Debunked!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Malaysian AES + Speed Trap Camera Locations For 2020!
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Did China Create These Amazing Dancing Robots?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!