The Malaysia Ministry of Health just announced 14 new COVID-19 infections, as part of a second wave.
Here are the details of the second COVID-19 wave in Malaysia!
Malaysia Hits 50 Cases With Second COVID-19 Wave!
The Malaysia Ministry of Health announced 14 new COVID-19 infections today, as part of a cluster involving a single person – Case 26.
Case 26 attended about five public events and had close contacts with over 200 people. So far, the MOH confirmed 21 positive cases after tracing his close contacts, and their close contacts.
For this second wave, one (1) COVID-19 cluster has been identified, involving Case 26. Based on the latest investigations and contact tracing activities, a total of 215 close contacts have been identified.
Of these, 16 individuals were confirmed COVID-19 cases, 19 with negative test results and 180 still awaiting test results.
Five additional confirmed cases were close contacts of these 16 confirmed close contacts of Case 26 described in the preceding paragraph.
Therefore, this cluster so far consists of 21 confirmed cases (Cases 30 to 50).
The Malaysia Ministry of Health also revealed the activities Case 26 attended, and the chronology of those activities :
Based on the latest available information, Case 26 had attended several activities/events. Of the earlier-mentioned first 16 close contacts:
- One (1) case was an officer to Case 26
- 15 cases attended the same activities as Case 26, and some of these cases attended more than one event.
The chronology of the activities that they had attended are as below:
- For the first activity, a total of eight (8) close contacts attended this activity. Six (6) were found to be positive, and two (2) were negative.
- For the second activity, a total of ten (10) close contacts attended this activity. Of these, four (4) were found to be positive, two (2) were negative, and four (4) are still awaiting test results.
- For the third activity, a total of 15 close contacts attended the activity. Of these, ten (10) were found to be positive, four (4) were negative, and one (1) are still awaiting test results.
- For the fourth activity, a total of 21 close contacts attended the activity. Of these, one (1) was found to be positive, eleven (11) were negative, and nine (9) are still awaiting test results.
- For the fifth activity, a total of seven (7) close contacts attended the activity. Of these, one (1) was found to be positive and six (6) were negative.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health also shared that they are still performing contact tracing for this Case 26 cluster, and are urging everyone to cooperate if they are contacted or identified as a close contact.
With the 14 new cases, Malaysia has so far registered 50 COVID-19 cases, of which 22 have fully recovered and were discharged earlier.
This leaves 28 active COVID-19 cases under treatment in Malaysian hospitals. We wish our healthcare staff all the best in fighting this new second wave of COVID-19 infections! Malaysia Boleh!
Additional Note On Case 26
A reader pointed out that Case 26’s five close family members and his personal assistant have tested negative for COVID-19. This was what the Director General of the Malaysia Ministry of Health posted on 3 March 2020 :
Case 26 who was reported on 1st March 2020 is currently receiving treatment in the isolation ward of Sungai Buloh Hospital and in a stable condition.
Five (5) close family members, one (1) personal assistant to Case 26 and one (1) private healthcare personnel had tested negative for COVID-19. Investigation and contact tracing activities are still ongoing.
The reader also shared that people may be unfairly criticising his family. That is just WRONG.
NO ONE wants to be infected with COVID-19, much less pass it onto other people. And bullying people just because someone in their family has COVID-19 is just SICK.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 19) is new and scary, but we are more likely to be infected and killed by the influenza virus.
We just need to practice a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Thoroughly cook your food, and boil water before drinking
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- Seven New COVID-19 Cases In Malaysia : Their Details!
- COVID-19 Racists Attacked Student On Oxford Street!
- AirAsia Unlimited Pass : NOT Worth The Hassle!
- Souvenir Passport Stamp : Don’t Put It In Your REAL Passport!
- Skull Breaker TikTok Challenge Continues To Injure Children!
- COVID-19 In Malaysia : Two New Cases, 3 In Total!
- Malaysia Health Officers To Get COVID-19 Allowance!
- What No One Is Telling You : EPF Is Not Enough!
- H1N1 American Pandemic Virus Hoax Debunked!
- Shocking Indonesian 3-Ply Mask Packaging Operation!
- Deadly 18 Feb 2020 Orchard Road Accident Debunked!
- TikTok Finally Bans Skull Breaker / Tripping Jump Videos!
- Watch : Two More COVID-19 Patients Recovers In Malaysia!
- COVID-19 Success In Malaysia : 9 Discharged, 13 To Go!
- PSA : Drive-Thru Lane Is For CARS, Not Motorcycles!
- COVID-19 Success In Malaysia : 7 Discharged, 15 To Go!
- Three New COVID-19 Patients In Malaysia!
- MoH Malaysia : No COVID-19 Death In Penang Hospital!
- 19th COVID-19 Patient In Malaysia : Another Chinese Tourist
- COVID-19 : What Are Its Key Symptoms?
- 1st COVID-19 Survivor In Malaysia Flies Home!
- Chinese Girl Recovers From COVID-19 In Malaysia!
- COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
- Stop Blaming Snakes For The Wuhan Coronavirus!
- H1N1 American Pandemic Virus Hoax Debunked!
- Why Are People Wearing Water Bottles On Their Heads?
- Rasam Antidote For Wuhan | Nipah | SARS Viruses Debunked!
- Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- Wuhan Coronavirus : Protect With Surgical Mask + Eyewear!
- Wang Guangfa : Wuhan Coronavirus Can Infect Through Eyes!
- Wuhan Coronavirus : Can Face Masks Help Protect Us?
- Can Face Masks Protect Us Against The Flu / Influenza?
- How To Wear A Surgical Mask – The Hoax & The Truth!
- The 2-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- New Nestle NANKID OPTIPRO Details + Sale!
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Sheryl Crow Bottled Water Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
If you like our work, support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!