Malaysia will start reopening its economy starting 4 May 2020, but many activities will still be forbidden.
Here is the full list of activities forbidden during Malaysia’s economic reopening!
Economic Reopening In Malaysia
On 1 May 2020, the Malaysian government announced the reopening of Malaysia’s economy starting 4 May 2020.
While there are still over 1,700 active COVID-19 cases in Malaysia, with new cases still being reported every day, the Malaysian government is gravely concerned about the high costs of shutting down the country.
So they have decided to reopen the economy, with some caveats. May the Fourth be with us all…
Activities Forbidden In Malaysia During Economic Reopening
There is still community spread of COVID-19, so to mitigate the potential risks of reopening the economy, the Malaysian government is specifically forbidding these activities :
- Karaoke centres
- Theme parks
2. Festivities, Parades + Assemblies
- Religious parades
- Religious activities in a mosque or place of worship
- Anniversary celebrations of security forces (parade)
- Hari Raya celebration, except for close family members (outstation travel will be announced later)
3. Conferences + Exhibitions
- Career exhibitions
- Wedding exhibitions
- Travel promotions and packages
- Sales carnivals
- All kinds of conferences involving large groups
- Sports during school session
- Face to face Co-curricular activities
- Any form of school assembly
- Any event or program with more than 10 participants
- Sporting competitions involving large crowds of supporters or spectators (stadium)
- All indoor sports, including gymnasiums
- Swimming pools
- Contact sports, for example – rugby, wrestling, boxing, football, basketball
6. Social Activities
- Parties and feasts
- Marriage ceremonies, birthday celebrations and anniversaries
- Cruise ships
8. Business Premises / Non-Premised Hawkers / Enclosed Markets / Open Markets / Retail / Food & Beverage Stores
- Too many customers at any one time (subject to minimum radius of 1 m)
- Ramadan bazaars
- Hari Raya bazaars
9. Centralised Labour Quarters (CLQ) / Hostels
- Receiving visitors
- Socialising and team sports activities
- Prayer congregations and other worship activities
10. Installation + Maintenance Of Machinery (Lifts, Escalators, Boilers, etc.) For Service Sector / Tower Crane At Construction Sites
- Performing work in groups of more than 10 people
11. Clothes + Fashion Accessories Stores
- Clothes fitting activities
12. Laundry (Self-Serviced Laundry Only)
- Clothes folding activities
13. Face-to-face Lectures / Seminars / Courses / Training
14. Agriculture Certification Activities
15. Barber Shops + Beauty Salons
16. Banking + Financial Services
- Sales and marketing activities outside the premises of the financial institution, or in public, are not permitted at this time until further notice.
17. Forest Management
- Forest ecotourism
- Forestry training
18. Mining + Quarrying
- New applications for the Theory & Practical Exam of Blasting and Explosives
19. Farming + Agriculture
- Customer’s Day
- Farm Supplies Sale Day (BBL)
- Fruit festivals
- Courses or seminars
- Agricultural institute convocations
- Auction sale of livestock like chicken, eggs, meat and so on.
- Recreational fishing activities
- Marine Park Centres, exhibitions and aquariums
21. Creative Arts
- Events / concerts / public programs at a studio or in public
22. Art + Culture
- Exhibitions involving interaction between the artist and visitors
23. Tourism + Hotels
- Use of hotel facilities like prayer room, gymnasium, spa, sauna, lounge, swimming pool, meeting room, seminar hall, training room, restaurant and cafe (for buffet purposes)
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Malaysia MCO Phase 4 : Two Travel Restrictions Loosened!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : New Business Restrictions Lifted!
- Fact Check : SGH Bills $192,068 For COVID-19 Treatment
- Trump Gang Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- How To Open A Pre-Cut Coconut, The Easy Way!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : Selayang Baru Locked Down!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6th EMCO Area Locked Down!
- Johor Causeway Will Be Limited To 7 AM-7 PM
- How To Get + Pay Your TNB Bill During COVID-19 MCO
- COVID-19 : Masjid India Area On Enhanced MCO Lockdown!
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- MITI FAQ On Business Ops Allowed During MCO
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Doctor Died Taking Hydroxychloroquine To Prevent COVID-19
- Fact Check : Out-Of-Control Crowd @ Johor Bahru CIQ!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- New COVID-19 Clusters Show The Danger Of Social Contact!
- CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 138 Healthcare Workers Infected
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- 600-Bed MAEPS COVID-19 Hospital : An Inside Look!
- 6-Month Loan Moratorium : Why You Should TAKE It!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!