MKN just announced that all foreign residents, as well as citizens, will receive the COVID-19 vaccine for FREE!
Find out why this is a critical step to curb or eradicate COVID-19 in Malaysia!
All Citizens + Foreigners Will Get FREE COVID-19 Vaccine!
The Malaysian government had already announced earlier than the COVID-19 vaccine would be provided FREE to all Malaysian citizens, but are considering it for foreign residents.
On 11 February 2021, the Malaysian government announced that the COVID-19 vaccine will also be offered for FREE to all foreign residents in Malaysia!
However, they will prioritise the vaccination of Malaysian citizens, with further information on the vaccination of foreign residents to be announced later.
Why Is Malaysia Providing FREE COVID-19 Vaccine To Foreign Residents?
The Special Committee on COVID-19 Vaccine Supply Access Guarantee (Jawatankuasa Has Jaminan Akses Bekalan Vaksin COVID-19 or JKJAV) said that the decision was based on these factors :
- a COVID-19 free environment can only be achieved when the vast majority of people in Malaysia are vaccinated
- it is a humanitarian move to provide the vaccine to everyone during this pandemic
- a record number of COVID-19 clusters involve foreign workers in the plantation, construction and manufacturing sectors
- the cost of treating and quarantining COVID-19 patients are high due to the high number of foreign worker clusters
- foreign workers are part of the community and contribute towards the nation’s economy
- other countries are also providing free vaccines to Malaysian citizens residing overseas
This decision was also based on the fact that Malaysia had already obtained more than enough COVID-19 vaccines for Malaysian citizens.
Finally, they pointed out that effective herd immunity can only be created when the vast majority of the population in Malaysia – whether local or foreign – are vaccinated.
FREE COVID-19 Vaccine Fore Foreign Residents : Our Thoughts
We applaud the Malaysian government for deciding to provide all foreign residents with the COVID-19 vaccine.
This is the best way to achieve herd immunity – by providing as many people as possible with the vaccine.
Vaccine hesitancy due to fake news and active campaigns by antivaxxers is at an all-time high, and would prevent vaccines from creating an effective herd immunity.
Charging foreign residents, or their employers, to vaccinate against COVID-19 would further increase vaccine hesitancy.
To safeguard the citizenry, we must also protect our foreign guests and workers. And that means offering the COVID-19 vaccine for free to them as well.
While the government has not released any details yet, we hope that they will look at vaccinating undocumented migrants too, even if they are unable to provide proof of residence.
However, they should also come up with a plan to prevent vaccine tourism – foreigners coming into Malaysia for the chance to get the vaccine earlier.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- 953 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 12 February 2021
- MCO : Driving + Flight Schools Can Reopen!
- MCO : Fishing, Gym, Golf, Motorsports Now Allowed!
- Giant Seri Kembangan : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- MKN : Use MySejahtera, Not Log Book, Or Get Fined!
- MKN Allows Dining, Retail, Creative Industry, Sports Training
- J&T Express Package Wrapped With Pink Underwear!
- Village Grocer Subang Parade : Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- CNY Reunion Dinner SOP : Top 5 Questions Answered!
- Another U-Turn : Pub, Nightclub Cannot Sell Food Or Drinks!
- Warning : RM1K Fine If You Stand Too Close In A Queue!
- Chinese New Year SOP U-Turn Invites More Questions!
- J&T Express Workers On Strike Over Pay Cut?
- Disgusting Fish Processing Factory In Kepong Shut Down!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 4 February 2021
- Malaysia Will Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine On 26 Feb 2021!
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: MYDIN Bukit Mertajam : Shut Down After COVID-19 Exposure! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 264269 Cases, 213814 Healed, 965 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Goodbye, ntv7 ... and hello, DidikTV KPM! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 266445 Cases, 218335 Healed, 975 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Jaya Grocer Jaya 33 : Employee Positive For COVID-19! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 277811 Cases, 239971 Discharged, 1043 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 280272 Cases, 244753 Discharged, 1051 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 283569 Cases, 249209 Discharged, 1056 Dead
Pingback: Register Your Domestic Helper For Free COVID-19 Vaccine! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: PM : Travel Possible After COVID-19 Vaccination! | The Rojak Pot