Both interstate travel and international travel are now ALLOWED across Malaysia!
Here are the new requirements for interstate and international travel in Malaysia!
Malaysia : Interstate + International Travel Now Allowed!
On 10 October 2021, the Prime Minister of Malaysia Ismail Sabri announced that 90% of the population* in Malaysia has been fully vaccinated.
Therefore, he announced that both interstate travel and international travel will be allowed in Malaysia, beginning Monday, 11 October 2021.
He also said that the government does not plan to reimpose any interstate and international travel ban, even if COVID-19 cases increase, and that any measures taken will be limited to a particular hot spots.
* based on the last census, so the actual percentage is significantly lower than 90%.
Malaysia : Interstate + International Travel Requirements
Here are some details and restrictions on interstate travel :
- In addition to interstate travel, interstate tourism is also allowed.
- There is no need to request for police permission to travel interstate.
- Only FULLY-VACCINATED individuals (and children who are 17 years or younger) are allowed to travel interstate or enjoy interstate tourism.
- There will not be no interstate roadblocks to control travel, but there will continue to be roadblocks for crime and safety purposes.
- The police will also randomly check to verify that those travelling interstate are fully-vaccinated.
- Even if unvaccinated / those who are not fully vaccinated travel, they will still be denied entry to many public places.
- Owners of food premises, grocery shops, shopping malls, sports facilities, gyms, offices and so on are reminded to check for vaccination status as well as COVID-19 risk status in MySejahtera before allowing entry.
- Travellers are NOT allowed to enter EMCO / PKPD areas.
- Travellers are strongly advised to test for COVID-19 before travelling, but this is not a requirement.
- Travellers must comply with the existing COVID-19 SOP.
When it comes to international travel though, there are a few requirements and restrictions :
- The government has abolished MyTravelPass. There is NO NEED to register for MyTravelPass.
- Overseas travel, including international tourism, is permitted to all other countries.
- However, foreign tourists are still NOT allowed to enter Malaysia. Entry is only permitted for travellers entering Malaysia for official, business or emergency reasons.
- Only FULLY-VACCINATED individuals (and children who are 17 years or younger) can travel overseas.
- Travellers returning to Malaysia must also :
– undergo a swab test three (3) days before returning to Malaysia,
– undergo a swab test on returning to Malaysia, and
– undergo MANDATORY QUARANTINE of 14 days.
- Malaysian residents can self-quarantine at home, but in certain cases (like when positive cases are detected), the Health Ministry may place them in quarantine centres.
Read more : Who Needs To Apply For MyTravelPass + Who Don’t?
Please note that in Malaysia, you are considered FULLY-VACCINATED only after :
- More than 14 days after receiving both doses of the Pfizer, AstraZeneca or Sinovac vaccine.
- More than 28 days after receiving a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson or Cansino vaccine.
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Malaysia Stops Reporting Daily COVID-19 Case Details!
- Malaysia Lost Apricot Subsea Cable Project Due To Cabotage!
- Malaysia Approves Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Dose!
- PPN Phase + SOP Changes On 6 October 2021!
- Sinovac Vaccine Approved For Use In Adolescents!
- What Did Pfizer Scientist Nick Karl Expose To Project Veritas?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!