Malaysia just extended the MCO / PKP lockdown for the remaining nine states and federal territories to 4 February 2021!
Malaysia : Existing MCO / PKP Extended To 4 February 2021!
On 19 January 2021, Malaysia announced that all states and territories across the country, except for Sarawak!
They now aligned the MCO for all those states and territories to 4 February 2021, extending it for these states and federal territories :
- Kuala Lumpur
Starting 12:01 AM on Friday, 22 January 2021, all states and territories in Malaysia will be under MCO / PKP lockdown until 4 February 2021.
Malaysia MCO / PKP 2.0 : What Is The SOP?
MKN did not announce any special SOP for Kelantan and Sarawak, so the January 2021 MCO SOP for Malaysia should apply.
- Two (2) persons are allowed to leave each household, in the same vehicle, to purchase food and other necessities.
- Up to 3 people (including the patient) are allowed to leave each household to seek healthcare.
- Travel is limited to a radius of 10 km from your household, unless there is no supply / availability within 10 km.
- Interstate and inter-district travel are FORBIDDEN.
- Tourism is FORBIDDEN.
- Travel for emergencies like funerals are allowed with permission from the police.
- Travel because of natural disasters are allowed.
- PCA and RGL travel arrangements between Malaysia and Singapore are allowed to continue.
Food & Beverage Industry
- Restaurants, cafes, hawker stalls, roadside stalls, food courts, food trucks are allowed to open from 6 AM to 10 PM.
- No dine-in is allowed. Only takeaway, drive-through and delivery are permitted
- Operation hours : 6 AM to 10 PM.
- Petrol stations on highways and expressways allowed to operate 24 hours
- Morning and farmers’ markets : 7 AM to 2 PM
- Wholesale markets : 11 AM to 4 PM, or 12 PM to 6 PM
- Night markets and late night bazaars are FORBIDDEN
- Hospitals, clinics, medical labs : 24 hours
- Pharmacies : 6 AM to 8 PM
- Veterinary clinics + pet food stores : 6 AM to 8 PM
- Supermarkets are allowed to open
- Groceries and convenience stores are allowed to open from 6 AM to 8 PM.
- Laundromats, except self-service laundromats : 6 AM to 8 PM
- Barber shops and hair saloons are FORBIDDEN.
- Optical shops and clothing stores are FORBIDDEN.
Schools + Education
- Students who will undertake major examinations like SPM, SVM, SKM, STPM, STAM, and DVM for 2020 and 2021 are allowed to attend school with strict SOP.
- Matriculation colleges are allowed to operate.
- Students in boarding schools and universities are allowed to continue hybrid studying.
- International and professional exams are allowed.
- Research activities requiring lab access in institutes of higher learning are allowed.
- Lecturers and teachers are allowed to travel to teach classes with examinations.
- Kindergartens, nurseries and day care facilities are allowed to continue operating.
- Tuition, music, dance, art, language classes are FORBIDDEN.
Recommended : MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- Running and jogging allowed, but limited to maximum of two (2) family members
- Cycling allowed, but limited to one (1) person, up to 10 km from household.
- Group cycling is FORBIDDEN.
- Physical distance of 2 metres should be maintained
- All other sporting activities are FORBIDDEN.
- Night clubs and pubs are FORBIDDEN.
- Theme parks, indoor playgrounds, family karaoke and cinemas are FORBIDDEN.
- Concerts and live events are FORBIDDEN.
- Spas, reflexology centres are FORBIDDEN.
Social + Religious Activities
- Parades and religious gatherings like Thaipusam are FORBIDDEN.
- Up to 5 committee members may manage mosques and other religious houses of worship.
- Weddings, parties, engagement parties, receptions, anniversary celebrations, birthday celebrations, reunions, retreats and other social events are FORBIDDEN.
Manufacturing + Business Activities
- The government has identified five (5) essential economic sectors that will be allowed to operate – manufacturing, construction, essential services, trade and distribution, as well as plantations and commodities.
- However, only 30% of the management team is allowed to be in the office.
- For unlisted sectors or non-essential services, employees are required to work from home.
- Conferences, meetings, seminars, courses and MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions) activities are FORBIDDEN.
Recommended : MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Eateries + Restaurants In MCO Areas Can Open Till 10 PM!
- 642 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 21 January 2021
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Two More COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer Southkey : Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer Damansara Perdana : One COVID-19 Case!
- BIG @ Publika : Fifth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ Plaza Batai : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall: FOUR Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- Seremban + Port Dickson Coming Under MCO / PKP Too!
- Village Grocer Melawati : Two More Positive For COVID-19!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- BIG @ Plaza Batai : Two More Guards Positive For COVID-19!
- Multiple Jaya Grocer Intermark Staff Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ Publika : Fourth Person Positive For COVID-19!
- Kelantan + 3 Sarawak Districts Coming Under MCO / PKP!
- Village Grocer M-City : Cashier Positive For COVID-19!
- Here Are The MCO Roadblocks + Road Closures In Penang!
- Follow This MCO SOP Or Get Fined Up To RM 1K!
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- PDRM Will Close These 7 Petaling Jaya Roads During MCO!
- 5 Yo Nur Safiyya : Mama, Please Take Care Of Yourself Too…
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!