The Prime Minister of Malaysia just announced 8 MCO areas, 6 CMCO areas and 2 RMCO areas, and nationwide travel restrictions!
Here is what you need to know about the areas under MCO, CMCO and RMCO!
Movement Control Order (MCO / PKP) Areas
With daily highs in COVID-19 cases, the Prime Minister of Malaysia announced the imposition of the much stricter MCO / PKP lockdown of these states and territories.
- Kuala Lumpur
This MCO / PKP 2.0 lockdown will start from 12:01 AM on Wednesday, 13 January 2021 and tentatively end on 26 January 2021.
Conditional MCO (CMCO / PKP-B) Areas
The Prime Minister of Malaysia also announced the imposition of CMCO / PKPB restrictions in these states and territories.
- Negeri Sembilan
This CMCO / PKPB 2.0 restrictions will start from 12:01 AM on Wednesday, 13 January 2021 and tentatively end on 26 January 2021.
Recovery MCO (RMCO / PKP-P) Areas
The Prime Minister of Malaysia also announced the imposition of RMCO / PKPP restrictions in these states and territories.
This RMCO / PKPP restrictions will start from 12:01 AM on Wednesday, 13 January 2021 and tentatively end on 26 January 2021.
Nationwide Travel Restrictions
Interstate travel is FORBIDDEN for all states and territories across the country.
Interdistrict travel is permitted for CMCO (PKPB) and RMCO (PKPP) areas, but FORBIDDEN for MCO (PKP) areas.
MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : A Quick Summary
We will prepare a detailed list of the new MCO (Movement Control Order) / PKP (Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan) 2.0 SOP.
For Conditional and Recovery MCO SOP, please check out the December 2020 versions while the latest versions are being prepared :
- New CMCO SOP (December 2020) For Peninsular Malaysia
- New RMCO / PKPP SOP (December 2020) For Malaysia
Those who break these rules may be subject to a maximum compound of RM1,000 per offence.
But here is a quick summary of what the Prime Minister announced earlier today :
- Mass social activities like weddings, conferences, parades, religious gatherings like Thaipusam, meetings, seminars, courses and group sports are FORBIDDEN.
- Interstate and inter-district travel is FORBIDDEN.
- Travel beyond 10 km from your household is FORBIDDEN.
- The government has identified five (5) essential economic sectors that will be allowed to operate – manufacturing, construction, essential services, trade and distribution, as well as plantations and commodities.
- However, only 30% of the management team is allowed to be in the office.
- For unlisted sectors or non-essential services, employees are required to work from home.
- Eateries and hawker stalls are allowed to operate, but only for takeaway.
- Food delivery services are allowed.
- Two (2) persons are allowed to leave each household, in the same vehicle, to purchase food and other necessities. However, everyone must wear face masks, maintain physical distance and practice good hand hygiene.
- Supermarkets, health services including clinics, hospitals, and pharmacies are allowed to operate.
- Students who will undertake major examinations like SPM, SVM, SKM, STPM, STAM, and DVM for 2020 and 2021 are allowed to attend school with strict SOP.
- Kindergartens registered with MOE are allowed to continue operating.
- Religious activities at mosques and other religious houses of worship are allowed with a maximum of 5 people.
- Outdoor leisure activity is allowed, but limited to family members and only two (2) persons if jogging, and one (1) person if cycling. You should also maintain a physical distance of 2 meters from other people.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : COVID-19 : Hand Sanitiser or Soap? Which Is Better?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- ISETAN KLCC + Lot 10 : Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Huckleberry BSC : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Maxim Dim Sum Pekaka : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Kampachi EQ + Plaza33 Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- BIG @ IPC : More Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Closed For Cleaning + Tests!
- Dragon Noodle 龍鬚麵 : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Melaka Hospital Full, COVID-19 Cases Sent To MAEPS!
- NSK Selayang : 80 Employees NOT Positive For COVID-19!
- 2021 MCO / PKP Lockdown : Leaked Document Is Not True!
- Maybank Taman Malim Jaya : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- BIG @ Publika : One Employee Positive For COVID-19!
- Bursa Malaysia : Two Employees Positive For COVID-19
- 3 Tesco Stores Sanitised After COVID-19 Exposure!
- Oriental Fitness Farlim : Instructor Positive For COVID-19!
- Din Tai Fung Gardens Mall : Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Several Genting Highlands Employees Positive For COVID-19!
- Village Grocer 1 Mont Kiara : Second COVID-19 Case!
- 42 FLYPROJECT Employees + Clients Positive For COVID-19!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : NOT TRUE!
- Did Alabama Nurse Tiffany Dover Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Why Did This Nurse Faint After Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did Pfizer Use Toxic Placebo In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial?
- Did The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Kill 6 Trial Volunteers?
- Can The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Cause Bell’s Palsy?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- A Father’s Last Words Before Dying Of COVID-19…
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!