In addition to lifting two business restrictions, Malaysia has also loosened two travel restrictions during the MCO Phase 4.
The Malaysian government will now allow up to two persons per car to purchase essentials or seek healthcare! In addition, they will permit travel beyond 10 KM under specific conditions.
Malaysia MCO Phase 4 : Starts 29 April 2020
After steady decline in the number of active COVID-19 cases, Malaysia officially kickstarts the Phase 4 (Recovery) of the MCO (Movement Control Order) today, 29 April 2020.
Recommended : COVID-19 in Malaysia : New Business Restrictions Lifted!
Malaysia MCO Phase 4 : Two Persons Per Car Now Allowed!
The Malaysian government also announced the loosening of travel rules during Phase 4 of the MCO.
Specifically, Malaysia will now allow up to two persons per car to leave their homes to purchase essentials, or seek healthcare.
- two family members staying in the same house may now travel together to purchase essentials.
- two persons (not necessarily staying together) may now travel together to seek healthcare.
Malaysia MCO Phase 4 : Travel Beyond 10 KM Allowed
In addition, the government has slightly loosened the distance you may travel.
- where possible, travel is still limited to a radius of not more than 10 km from your residence,
- however, you may now travel beyond 10 km, if the essentials or healthcare you seek are not available within the 10 km radius.
- for travel beyond 10 km for other reasons, you need to obtain prior written permission from the nearest police station.
Malaysia MCO Phase 4 : The Legalities
In the Federal Gazette published on 28 April 2020, the Malaysian government added these regulations that will take effect from 29 April 2020 to 12 May 2020 :
Conditions for movement
4. (1) Where a person moves from one place to another place within any infected local area or from one infected local area to another infected local area—
(a) to purchase food, medicine, dietary supplement, daily necessities or any other goods from any provider of essential services—
(i) his movement shall only be to a place within a radius of not more than ten kilometres from his residence, or to a place nearest to his residence if such food, medicine, dietary supplement is or daily necessities or other goods are not available at a place within a radius of not more than ten kilometres from his residence; and
(ii) he may be accompanied by one family member staying in the same house;
(b) to seek healthcare or medical services—
(i) his movement shall only be to a place within a radius of not more than ten kilometres from his residence, or to a place nearest to his residence if such healthcare or medical services are not available at a place within a radius of not more than ten kilometres from his residence; and
(ii) he may be accompanied by any other person as may be reasonably necessary;
Movement due to special and particular reason
5. Where, due to a special and particular reason, a person needs to move from one place to another place within any infected local area or from one infected local area to another infected local area, that person shall obtain prior written permission of the police officer in charge of the police station nearest to the residence of such person.
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : New Business Restrictions Lifted!
- Fact Check : SGH Bills $192,068 For COVID-19 Treatment
- Trump Gang Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Hoax Debunked!
- How To Open A Pre-Cut Coconut, The Easy Way!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : Selayang Baru Locked Down!
- COVID-19 in Malaysia : 6th EMCO Area Locked Down!
- Johor Causeway Will Be Limited To 7 AM-7 PM
- How To Get + Pay Your TNB Bill During COVID-19 MCO
- COVID-19 : Masjid India Area On Enhanced MCO Lockdown!
- Why Face Masks Are CRITICAL To Prevent COVID-19
- #FilmYourHospital : Empty Hospitals Hoax Debunked!
- MITI FAQ On Business Ops Allowed During MCO
- New York Accidental Cremation Hoax Debunked!
- Doctor Died Taking Hydroxychloroquine To Prevent COVID-19
- Fact Check : Out-Of-Control Crowd @ Johor Bahru CIQ!
- Charity Scam : Current List Of 79 Reported Scammers!
- New COVID-19 Clusters Show The Danger Of Social Contact!
- CNBC COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Airborne Hoax Debunked : Japanese Doctor Edition!
- Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) : SMS Scam Alert
- COVID-19 : How To DIY Your Own Face Shields!
- 600-Bed MAEPS COVID-19 Hospital : An Inside Look!
- 6-Month Loan Moratorium : Why You Should TAKE It!
- COVID-19 Found On Fruits & Vegetables Hoax Debunked!
- Harvard : Grocery Shopping Safety During COVID-19
- Did Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure?
- No, Alcohol In Hand Sanitiser Won’t Catch Fire!
- US FDA Did NOT Approve Chloroquine For COVID-19 Yet
- Tom Hanks Did NOT Die From COVID-19 : Hoax Debunked!
- American Soldier On Train Is Patient Zero Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!