The Malaysia Ministry of Health just unveiled their plans to combat the Omicron wave!
Here is what you need to know…
Why Malaysia Will Get Hit By An Omicron Wave
The Omicron variant is so highly transmissible that it has out-competed and replaced the Delta variant in many countries.
As of 14 January 2022, Malaysia has confirmed 253 cases of the Omicron variant, with 17 local cases and 236 imported cases.
While it is still under control here in Malaysia, it seems inevitable that we will get hit by an Omicron surge as well.
According to the Malaysia National Institutes of Health (NIH), the SEIR (Susceptible-Exposed-Infectious-Removed) model showed that :
- If R0 reaches 1.2, Malaysia can expect 10,000 new cases per day
- If R0 reaches 1.6, Malaysia can expect 30,000 new cases per day
As of 27 January 2022, Malaysia has an R0 of 1.13, and that is expected to increase.
While the Omicron variant is less life-threatening than the Delta variant, a large wave of cases can overwhelm the healthcare system in Malaysia.
Malaysia’s Plan To Fight Omicron Wave Revealed!
On 26 January 2022, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) unveiled their plans to combat the expected Omicron wave.
- Use district hospitals as hybrid hospitals to treat Category 1 and Category 2 patients that require hospitalisation.
- Only Category 4 and Category 5 patients will be referred to specialist hospitals and state hospitals.
- COVID-19 patients who are stable and can be monitored at home are advised to remain at home, and be assessed by the COVID-19 Assessment Centre (CAC) until the end of their isolation period.
- Recommend the use of antivirals at the CAC and PKRC (COVID-19 Low-Risk Quarantine and Treatment Centres).
- Encourage Malaysian residents to receive the COVID-19 vaccine booster dose, and continue complying with the SOP and the new normal.
- All states are encouraged to discuss and obtain assistance from their respective State Disaster Committee for logistics and other issues.
These measures should reduce the impact of an Omicron wave, and prevent our healthcare system from being overwhelmed.
- You Can Walk-In For Booster Dose At These Mega PPVs!
- Spotify Backs Anti-Vax Joe Rogan, Removes Neil Young!
- Did DG Hisham Admit COVID-19 Vaccines Cause Myocarditis?
- New COVID-19 Quarantine Rules For Travellers To Malaysia!
- New Quarantine Rules For Close Contact + COVID-19 Positive!
- Fact Check : Is KKM Using Expired COVID-19 Vaccines?!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!