KKM just approved the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine as a booster dose for adults in Malaysia!
Here is what you need to know!
Malaysia Approves Pfizer COMIRNATY Booster Dose!
On 8 October 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) approved the use of a booster dose of the Pfizer COMIRNATY vaccine for adults 18 years and above, manufactured by :
- Pfizer Manufacturing Belgium NV, Belgium, and
- BioNTech Manufacturing GmbH, Germany
This would make Pfizer-BioNTech COMIRNATY the first COVID-19 vaccine to be approved as a booster dose in Malaysia.
When Will Malaysia Give Pfizer COMIRNATY Booster Dose?
The Pfizer COMIRNATY booster dose will only be given at least 6 months AFTER you receive your second dose.
The booster dose will initially be prioritised for these high-risk groups, followed by the rest of the adult population :
- the elderly with co-morbidity
- people who are immunocompromised
- those caring for the elderly
In addition, it will be offered to those who were earlier vaccinated with other COVID-19 vaccines – a concept known as heterologous vaccination, or colloquially as vaccine mixing.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) aims to start administering the booster dose this month.
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- PPN Phase + SOP Changes On 6 October 2021!
- Sinovac Vaccine Approved For Use In Adolescents!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 3 SOP : 4 October Edition!
- Why Did Boy Collapse After Getting Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Did 5 Teenagers Die From COVID-19 Vaccine?
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, or donating to our fund. Thank you!