The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine will arrive in Malaysia on 26 February 2021!
Here is what you need to know about the initial vaccination plan using the Pfizer BNT162b2 vaccine!
Malaysia Will Get Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine On 26 Feb 2021!
On 2 February 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that they expect to receive the first tranche of the BNT162b2 vaccine on 26 February 2021.
Malaysia is scheduled to receive 1 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech BNT162b2 vaccine in Q1, 2021.
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination Plan In Malaysia
According to the Director General of Health, Tan Sri Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah, the vaccines will be distributed to all states and federal territories over 1-2 weeks, before they are administered.
The first vaccinations using the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine should therefore begin in early March 2021.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health plans to vaccinate frontliners, particularly healthcare workers, in the first phase.
When the vaccination program is opened up to the public, the public will be asked to register via the MySejahtera app.
The public should note that, even after vaccination, they should continue to wear face masks, maintain physical distancing, and practice good hand hygiene.
Pfizer BNT162b2 COVID-19 Vaccine : A Quick Primer
The Pfizer BNT162b2 COVID-19 vaccine is an mRNA-based vaccine designed by BioNTech.
Unlike more traditional methods of using dead particles, or attenuated viruses, the mRNA vaccine teaches your cells to create proteins that mimic the SARS-CoV-2 virus, thereby triggering an immune response.
Recommended : Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
The Pfizer vaccine requires extreme refrigeration, which greatly complicates logistics :
- Every Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine thermal shipping box contains between 1,000 and 5,000 doses.
- Every shipping box is packed with specially-formulated dry ice, to last for up to 10 days, or 15 days if kept refilled with dry ice.
- When stored in special ultra-low temperature freezers at -70°C or lower, it will last up to 6 months.
- When stored in standard freezers (commonly used in hospitals) at 2-8°C, it will last up to 5 days.
Hence, vaccination using the Pfizer vaccine is likely to occur only in select government hospitals in major cities.
- 791 COVID-19 Deaths In Malaysia As Of 1 February 2021
- Malaysia MCO / PKP Extended To 18 Feb 2021!
- 52 Stricter MCO Rules For 6 Months : Just Another Hoax!
- Jaya Grocer Gardens Mall : Another COVID-19 Case!
- MCO / PKP 2.0 SOP : Updated @ 29 January 2021
- Business Hours Extended, Night Markets + Logging Allowed!
- Jaya Grocer DPulze : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Village Grocer Bangsar : Closed After One COVID-19 Case!
- Stellar Putrajaya Temporarily Closes Due To MCO 2.0
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 9.2 Million With CoronaVac + Sputnik V!
- Jaya Grocer Mutiara Tropicana : One COVID-19 Case Today!
- Jaya Grocer Empire Subang : Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
- Poh Huat Factories Closed With 543 COVID-19 Cases!
- Equatorial Penang Will Close Down In March 2021
- Eateries + Restaurants In MCO Areas Can Open Till 10 PM!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Through MySejahtera App
- MOE : All Students Study Online, Except For These Students
- MITI : These Business Sectors Can Operate During MCO
- MOE Directive On Schools In MCO, CMCO + RMCO Areas!
- Is This Amazing Female Dancer A Robot Created By China?
- Did The Second Penang Bridge Get Hit By Giant Waves?
- Can A Ringing Phone Cause A Gas Stove To Explode?
- Can You Cure A Heart Attack By Slapping The Elbow?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
If you like our work, you can help support us by visiting our sponsors, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 226912 Cases, 177794 Healed, 809 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 234874 Cases, 185278 Healed, 845 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Here Is The Updated Chinese New Year SOP For Malaysia! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Disgusting Fish Processing Factory In Kepong Shut Down! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 238721 Cases, 186970 Healed, 857 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: J&T Express Workers On Strike Over Pay Cut? | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: Warning : RM1K Fine If You Stand Too Close In A Queue! | The Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 245552 Cases, 192679 Healed, 896 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 242452 Cases, 190339 Healed, 872 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 248316 Cases, 196566 Healed, 909 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 251604 Cases, 198495 Healed, 923 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: Village Grocer Subang Parade : Staff Positive For COVID-19! | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 264269 Cases, 213814 Healed, 965 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 Malaysia: 266445 Cases, 218335 Healed, 975 Dead | Rojak Pot
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 272163 Cases, 229762 Discharged, 1005 Dead
Pingback: COVID-19 in Malaysia : 274875 Cases, 235082 Discharged, 1030 Dead
Pingback: Pfizer Vaccine Arrives! Vaccination Starts 24 February 2021! | Rojak Pot